Muhle R41 Grande (2011 Version) - The most aggressive razor?

I love the iKon 104, I have paired with a ikon OSS handle. Beautiful shaves, close and efficient. I can't tell much difference between the 104 and the R41 (2013) - I think the 104 slightly edges the R41 - as always, YMMV :)

Chris

The Ikon Tech is, for me, the most aggressive razor I've got, and outdoes my R41 (2013).

At the moment, my new Blackland Dart is in my "aggressive" book, but that's perhaps because I'm still finessing my technique with it.

The Ikon Tech is, for me, the most aggressive razor I've got, and outdoes my R41 (2013).

At the moment, my new Blackland Dart is in my "aggressive" book, but that's perhaps because I'm still finessing my technique with it.

I am a fan of the Dart, however on occasion it does feel as if the razor is scraping rather than cutting; I agree possibly due to technique.

Last edited:
I am a fan of the Dart, however on occasion it does feel as if the razor is scraping rather than cutting; I agree possibly duen to technique.
I managed a nick yesterday with my Dart (using a Derby Premium, of all things), but today worked out much better. It seems to me that the razor needs the head to be at about 80-90 degrees to the face, with the handle closer/parallel to the fizzog. The moment I open up the handle angle, things start to go awry.

Whatever the principles, the Dart is definitely a razor that I have to think about when I'm using it, in the same way as the R41 and the Ikon Tech (when I dare to use the latter).

i don't know about r41 2013 but there are also other commentating that ikon shavecraft tech it is an efficient aggressive razor but knowhere near at the r41 2011 level

R41 I think is a pussy cat ! I use after my 4 pass with a straight a polishing blade! I've used as a total shave blade with great results- I very much recommend in this razor puker ruby blades - I love feathers but rubies run smooth as with this one !

i don't know about r41 2013 but there are also other commentating that ikon shavecraft tech it is an efficient aggressive razor but knowhere near at the r41 2011 level

The Ikon standard SB can be a vicious bugger if treated without respect. Then again just about every other razor out there will be quite happy to cut you open if you don't exercise preparation, care, respect and develop technique.

I am can quite happily skip the aggressive stakes and obtain a great shave with an 89. Up the anti a bit and the difference to me is aggressive just means efficiency.

Mrs Satanfriendly is efficient

Back
Top Bottom