SOTD : Saturday 13th October - Friday 19th October 2018.

Stirling executive man & tejón finest, cuchillería Roca 14, añeja sándalo, balm Moon. Testing for the second time this soap and brush, with a good performance.
8a205e6b3ed3863e4efd4db6f456b2b9.jpg

Sent from the Wolf's Den

Greetings All,

Monday shave

Three day's growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Dove Shower Gel
Soap: TOBS – Grapefruit cream
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Shark SS (1st)
Brush: RazoRock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Molton Brown Recovery Balm, then Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime AS

Three effortless passes today, one weeper and a fresh as a daisy.

Cheers,

Brian

Monday 15th October

Birch Tar Soap
Proraso Green Preshave Cream
SuperMax Classic Shaving Cream
Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo Brush
Turkish Copper Shaving Bowl
Yaqi OC on an Ikon Handle with a Voskhod Blade
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Groomed ASB
Old Spice Original AS

3 Passes for a lovely shave to start the week:)

SOTD Saturday 12 October and Monday 15 October 2018

Pre-shave: Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap followed by warm water splash and Proraso Pre-shave Cream (white)
Cream: L'Occitane Cade.
Brush: Simpsons The Duke 2 Pure Badger.
Bowl: Via Barberia Omega.
Razor: Marvel Fine.
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (Day 1 and 2).
Post shave: Myrsol Balsmic Water followed by L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Balm.

Up there with the best shaves of the year thus far.

This is the second time the Fine Marvel has featured in my rotation. The first time I had a very good and a passable shave. This time round, two top class shaves.

The L'Occitane Cade is beautiful, I always enjoy shaving with the cream and I like the Cade aftershave balm in the Autumn/Winter months when my skin needs more protection. As a balm I find it a little thick in the summer months.

The Fine Marvel, loaded with a Gillette Silver Blue was sublime: very smooth and efficient. If my memory is right, my first use of the Fine was with an Astra Green SP, which I have always found to be a dame fine blade. 3 passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and I was BBS with no problems. The Silver Blue for me and I apreciate that YMMV seemed to take the Fine up a notch.

I skiped a shave on Sunday; Monday's shave with the extra day's growth (I normally shave every day) was devine - no problems, very smooth and efficient. The Fine + Silver Blue dispensed with the stubble with ease.

Sorry no photograph, will try and get one in tomorrow.

All the best,

Chris

Prep - hot shower
Razor - q shave 700 black
Blade - voskhod (2)
Brush - semogue 820
Soap - proraso white
Alum and cold water rinse
Barts balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine aftershave lotion.
Great shave on 2 days growth. Bbs in 3 passes with tiny clean-up. Very impressed with the q shave futur clone. Forgot I had the proraso. It was ok but prefer my tobs sandalwood. All in excellent shave however.

Pre: Warm water splash
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 BB
Soap: OSP Fougere
Razor: Karve CB with D Plate
Blade: Polsilver Łódź

IMG_20181015_122059.jpg
Image my dismay on Saturday morning when I discovered my KCB had been abducted, razornapped no less.
The ransom note demanded the princely sum, (not a King's ransom) of £19.61 if I ever wanted to see my beautiful razor.
The local Constabulary informed me that this sort of thing was far more common than the public could ever imagine and that my razor was only the tip of the iceberg. The very same gang are also targeting high-end watches, fountain pens and even items of jewellery.
Sadly as they're overworked and understaffed the Constable advised me to pay up if I wanted a swift solution to my quandary, at this point he scratched his head and said,
"This is a nationwide problem, the gang have offices, (making quotation marks in the air and shaking his head at this word), the length and breadth of the country."
So off I trotted to the nearest Royal Mail delivery office and duly paid the Queens ransom for the safe release of the KCB.
Happy Shaving one and all.

image.jpg

~SOTD~ October 15th

Prep ~ Shower, Birch tar soap
Razor ~ CB Karve F Plate, On loan
Blade ~ Perma-Sharp Super
Soap ~ Cambodian Oud ( Stirling unscented - Sheep & Cambodian Oud Attar )
Brush ~ SOC Badger & Boar
Post ~ None needed
Scent ~ Cambodian Oud Attar

A superb shave from the Karve on an F Plate fitted with a Perma-Sharp blade, very efficient and as smooth as it gets at this level of efficiency, BBS with no effort at all.
The soap I knocked up a few days ago after seeing @Sid James creating an interesting looking Oud shave soap, I spoke to S to find out as much as I could regarding Oud to soap ratios and I've come up with an unusual and very nice Oud Soap with a fantastic scent and post shave properties.
A little more Cambodian Oud to finnish what was a very good shave.

Untill the next time........Paul.

Pre: Warm water splash
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 BB
Soap: OSP Fougere
Razor: Karve CB with D Plate
Blade: Polsilver Łódź

View attachment 38925
Image my dismay on Saturday morning when I discovered my KCB had been abducted, razornapped no less.
The ransom note demanded the princely sum, (not a King's ransom) of £19.61 if I ever wanted to see my beautiful razor.
The local Constabulary informed me that this sort of thing was far more common than the public could ever imagine and that my razor was only the tip of the iceberg. The very same gang are also targeting high-end watches, fountain pens and even items of jewellery.
Sadly as they're overworked and understaffed the Constable advised me to pay up if I wanted a swift solution to my quandary, at this point he scratched his head and said,
"This is a nationwide problem, the gang have offices, (making quotation marks in the air and shaking his head at this word), the length and breadth of the country."
So off I trotted to the nearest Royal Mail delivery office and duly paid the Queens ransom for the safe release of the KCB.
Happy Shaving one and all.
Phew! I'm glad your KCB is safe and well Kevin. That sounds like a particularly crafty gang.

Back
Top Bottom