Aloe Vera?

Morning all,

I was just hoping to clarify - Do I need to buy the 'pure' aloe vera gel for post shave?

Reason being that I found a bottle of Vaseline Aloe Vera lotion in the house. Will this do the same job?

Cheers

Yes you do want it to be mostly aloe vera (gels contain all sorts of extras in small quantities). Have a look at the ingredients on your lotion - it may be fine... But if it contains petroleum jelly (being Vaseline) you probably don't want to smear it on your face generally.

I would get 99% or 99.9% pure Aloe Vera Gel which is non-greasy and super-effective as an ASB. It's not expensive and generally available. An Aloe Vera lotion that contains Vaseline will be rather greasy/sticky and not suitable as an ASB in my opinion..

Last edited:
Bodycare do an organic gel for 99p. Would try that.

This is what I get now, after Superdrug stopped selling it. I think the H&B one is about £4.50.

I seem to recall being told on here a few months ago to avoid AVG that says ‘tea tree' on it as well, I think if you skin is already irritated, that can make it worse

Haha! Honestly, that's probably a fair comment. I do think it's more of a northern based chain though if judging from their store locator.

Still, at least it gives me reason to shop around before (potentially) spending far more at Holland & Barrett for the same product

Haha! Honestly, that's probably a fair comment. I do think it's more of a northern based chain though if judging from their store locator.

Still, at least it gives me reason to shop around before (potentially) spending far more at Holland & Barrett for the same product

If you've got other similar scumbag stores locally they're worth checking out - Wilko, Superdrug, even B&M / Home Bargains often have this kind of thing cheap for some reason.

Scumbag stores ffs hahaha. We've got loads of B&M's, Savers, Poundlands etc. Got a boots & Superdrug in town that'll probably be cheaper than H&B, too.

Back
Top Bottom