SOTD . SATURDAY 21st JULY - FRIDAY 27th JULY 2018.

image.jpg

~SOTD~

Prep ~ Mysore Sandlewood Soap, Shower
Razor ~ Ever-Ready 19912 with a Darwin type SS handle
Blade ~ Ever-Ready Corrux Stropping blade
Soap ~ Eufros Zanzibar
Brush ~ YaQi Moka 26mm finest badger
Post ~ Vitos Tobacco Aftershave
Scent ~ Saffon Aoud by Oud D'Arabie, Paris

A shave filled with the smells of exotic spices from the Sandelwood Soap in the shower to the Eufros Zanzibar shave soap throughout the shave ending with the Saffon Aoud and not only was it a fragrant shave it was also a very good one too, left smooth skinned and smelling fantastic.

Have a wonderful Sunday people.....P. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 6
Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: LeeDa Keyhole, Maggards 24mm Finest
Cream: Speick
Razor: ATT Calypso (on loan)
Blade: Schick Proline P

IMG_20180722_081404.jpg
Thanks must go to @rowlers' Dad for making this beautiful brush and to @Barry Giddens for gifting the Speick cream and loaning me the Calypso, cheers chaps.
The Maggards knot is incredibly dense, makes me wonder if they source them from Maseto.
I've been a fan of Speick Stick for quite a while and it's good to know their cream is also a quality product.
Have a great Sunday if you can.

Last edited:
Saturday 21st July

D R Harris Lavender Shave Stick
YaqI 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Rockwell 6C R3
Astra SP (2)
Lavender witch hazel (home mix)
Lynx Dark Temptation Aftershave

My first use of D R Harris soap, and I wasn't disappointed.
Half a dozen swipes of the soap across my wet face was enough for an excellent lather that built very quickly by the YaqI Tuxedo.
It has a very pleasant Lavender aroma that lasts throughout the shave, and it performed faultlessly. Maybe not as slick as Wickham or OSP, but still very good.

Ok, it's on the expensive side at £11.50 for 40 g , but I guess you're paying for convenience. It'll definitely be coming with me to Ayrshire and Majorca later this year.

Finishing with Lynx DarkTemptation Aftershave. Inexpensive but it does a good job of nourishing my shaved skin.
I picked it up at Home Bargains for around £2.50. I noticed yesterday that they stock it at Sainsbury's for £6. Would I pay £6 for it ? Definitely not, when you can buy Floid or Proraso for a couple of quid more.

SOTD: 22nd July 2018.

14.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Glycerin Soap.

Brush: Omega ~ S10065 Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Derby ~ Lemon.

Blade: Gillette ~ 365 Stainless. (2)

Razor: Manlystuff ~ The Knight MN 202 .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lemon Lime,+Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture/Boot~ Moisturising cream.

Selin ~ Turkish Lemon Cologne.

Greetings,

A relaxing 3 pass + pick ups comfortable sunday shave with no errors to report.

The knight MN 202/gillette 365 stainless, performed excellently together,feeling very comfortable between each pass.The 365 blades are a smooth blade that are suited to mild/mid aggression razors i could comfortable go over sensitive areas with ease causing no irritation.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Selin ~Turkish Lemon Cologne.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling very zesty.
clear.png
;)

I'm now ready for what sunday has to offer.

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
clear.png

Sunday 22nd July

Pears Glycerine Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Alvarez Gomez Shaving Cream
Maseto 26mm 2-Band Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Q-Shave (4, 5, 6) with a 7 O'Clock Yellow
Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber
Aloe Vera Gel
Agua de Colonia Concentradia EDC

A great Sunday morning Shave:)

SOTD- Sat 21st & Sun 22nd

Omega 11137 boar
Lea Classic Soap
ES Claymore V1- windrogse Handle
Schick Proline [ 4/5 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

A bit of chaos yesterday as out till early evening, and somehow when trying to sort out my phone got passwords messed upso both phone and computer not functioning properly. As a consequence no SOTD filed.

However, with a clear mind this morning managed to resolve Computer/Phone problems quite quickly. As yesterdays Shave with the Claymore was so good I went for a repeat.

I now seem to have fully dialled into use of the Claymore and its weight, especially since using a Proline blade. I am quite
astounded at the quality of Shave I am getting with this clunky Razor, smooth comfortable and ultra close. I feel sorry for those who gave up on this Home Grown Razor, as my perseverance has proved has proved it to be a good addition to my AC/SE rotation.

IMG_0461.jpg

Last edited:
20180722_125046-jpg.32890

Above The Tie S2
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Romera Manchurian
Eufros GEA
Myrsol Emulsion

A wonderful shave. Had the house to myself so no distractions.

The Eufros soaps are right up there as the best soaps I've tried. Everything you want from a soap is there, slickness, protection and post shave are unparalleled IMHO.

The S2 or 'old faithful' as I like to call her worked a treat with the GSB. Smooth as butter and very efficient. Size and balance is spot on too.

Finished off with the Myrosol Emulsion. A lovely cooling and moisturising finish to a excellent shave.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend gents.
Cheers
Rob
biggrin.gif

I'll leave you with Thom and the boys summarise my shave in music form...

Back
Top Bottom