Zirh Shaving Cream

Stumbled across this on a site recently, never heard of it before. Not many reviews out there and hard to tell which is from the pre-P&G formulation and which are after (changed around 2011/12 by the looks of it, though has since left P&G so may have returned to the original).

Appears to be brushless.

Anyone used it?

Zirh stuff is fairly pricey but I picked up their AS balm and I find it to be of top quality. Traditional shaving have some stock of their range and might have a review or two. I like them as a vendor too and they might price match.

I used to use this stuff and I always found it more of a paste than a cream. Using it with a brush just resulted in the brush getting all clogged up.

I found the product to be great but stopped using it due to the price point.

Well, I caved and bought some. Not here yet, but will let you all know how it goes, of course.

At full whack it's pricey, but £12.95 for 250ml isn't bad, plus free delivery if you spend £15 or more, so I added some Arran Aromatics aftershave balm (I hate paying postage).

(Note - site implies it's brushless, which is fine, I was looking for a quick shave option -- there's a thread 'round here somewhere -- because I usually alternate with an electric, partly for time reasons, but you get hooked to the smoothness a good wet shave brings)

I've had a couple of Sunday morning shaves with it (I usually use an electric before footy).

It smells and has the consistency of something you'd apply to a baby's bum to avoid nappy rash.

Very thick, I plastered it on first time and it clogged my blade (a bowl of water was much better at helping to clear it rather than a running tap). Second time I used a lot less and it was better but it doesn't seem to dissolve in water, so I ended up with plenty left in the sink.

On the plus side, a nice little cooling sensation when applied.

Second shave wasn't bad. I opted for two passes, re-applying in between, but not as good as a 'proper' shave, even the electric does a better job.

I'll keep trying, but give me a brush any day.

Back
Top Bottom