Your top 5 list of straight razors

So gents lets have some fun. What is your top 5 (or 3) razors you own or have shaved with, please with size and grind.
I will get this started:
1 Koraat near wedge 8/8
2 Louis Perlmann nr 14 hollow 7/8
3 Herder Spanish point wedge 7/8
4 George Brittain wedge 15/16
5 C.V. Heljestrand MK No5 hollow 6/8

1. FOEN Japanese Steel hollow 6/8, sqaure point.

2. Ribbon Japanese Steel, hollow 6/8, square point.

3. Filarmonica sub-cero 7/8 hollow, square point.

4. Krahn Solingen, 7/8 hollow, round point.

5. Wade & Butcher, 6/8 hollow, square point.

I find it really difficult to measure one razor against another as I don't think I can really tell the difference even in terms of hollows to near wedges. Consequently if it comes down to which ones do I use more - then one of these - purely because I love the shape and feel - and the round edge means you don't have to worry about catching yourself.

This one is good when I have a few days growth - which is not often:

This one for its looks - and performance

Looks and performance again - although you have to keep an eye on the point.

One of these when I'm feeling frivolous.

There's a few straights in the arsenal that never get wet but they are shiny and in good shape so I bought em in the wild over the years for very good prices. For example, there's a cased Heljestrand #31 in natural material that's never been used that ran me $18. Those kinda deals. None of these other razors were over $20, except for one matched set that was $40.

There's another looks to be unused Heljestrand with no number and black scales, a Henkels 401 Stainless in butterscotch scales, a DD SatinEdge with clear scales and a cased matched set of Mappin and Webb Sheffield wedges in natural material that needs some cleaning up.

Sheesh, it's collateral damage I tells ya.

There's a few straights in the arsenal that never get wet but they are shiny and in good shape so I bought em in the wild over the years for very good prices. For example, there's a cased Heljestrand #31 in natural material that's never been used that ran me $18. Those kinda deals. None of these other razors were over $20, except for one matched set that was $40.

There's another looks to be unused Heljestrand with no number and black scales, a Henkels 401 Stainless in butterscotch scales, a DD SatinEdge with clear scales and a cased matched set of Mappin and Webb Sheffield wedges in natural material that needs some cleaning up.

Sheesh, it's collateral damage I tells ya.
You have some desirable razors there Marty.

1. Mastro Livi Carbon Damascus 9/8th Extra Full Hollow
DSC_0005_zpse43948ee.jpg

2. Dubl Duck Goldedge 7/8th Full Hollow
20120925_224624_Android_zpscea0ce6d.jpg

3. Filarmonica EPBD 8/8ths full hollow
IMAG0651_1_1_zpsdpfk4hbc.jpg

4. Mastro Livi SRP LE 7/8th Full Hollow
IMAG0731_1_zpslf93lfsa.jpg

5. Mastro Livi Damasteel 10/8th Extra Full Hollow
20140501_175123_Android_zpsad91c55c.jpg

Am I alone in thinking these sort of posts should be banned especially in the run up to Christmas. I keep getting urges to treat myself to a really nice razor but so far I have resisted but I don't know how much longer I can stop my impulse buy urge.
Pugh's Hoshi Tombo 8000 is especially a stand out one for me along with most of the others.
I've only been using straight razors for 7 months ish and I've already got 17 with another on the way, none of which are up to the standard of these though only 1 revisor and the rest are vintage such as several kropps and gotta's plus a few others.
Please please stop :) :) before I use my xbox one and ps4 fund.

Back
Top Bottom