Your best purchase

chrisbell said:
Northam Saint said:
chrisbell said:
Personna Lab Blues - even better than NOS Gillette Bleue Extras.

Totally agree with you. I purchased some Bleue a while ago and to be honest I'm a little disappointed with them compared with the Lab Blues.

Which Bleues did you get? Pre-2000 ones in the plastic dispenser are superb, IMO, but the later ones in the card pack are nasty - sub-Derby nasty.:icon_rolleyes::mad:

[attachment=7409]

These ones in plastic containers.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370021178.250392.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370021178.250392.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 50
ChopperHarris said:
Edwin Jagger DE89 - still my favourite razor (I have about 10 now, so feel qualified to judge) and the one I turn to 5 days out of 7. I don't think I could have picked a better starter razor - it's very forgiving and yet capable of delivering excellent shaves.

Yep, same here. The first DE razor and my best for everyday use.
Close call I really like my Artist SS and Lucky Tiger A/S.

BR

Northam Saint said:
chrisbell said:
Northam Saint said:
chrisbell said:

Totally agree with you. I purchased some Bleue a while ago and to be honest I'm a little disappointed with them compared with the Lab Blues.

Which Bleues did you get? Pre-2000 ones in the plastic dispenser are superb, IMO, but the later ones in the card pack are nasty - sub-Derby nasty.:icon_rolleyes::mad:

These?

If so, and if you don't like them, I'd happily buy them from you, or, if I have too many of something you like, I could do a trade.

dodgy said:
Hiya,

I have two best purchases and will often use em both together. First is a rebranded Simpsons best brush (NOS at the time) and second is a 1958 Executive in nice shape (one of my two go to razors). I've shaved with these items at least 1000 times over the years and they still look and perform great. Found em both in the wild years ago at different times and places. Total cash outlay for both was $15.

Martin

I'd say that was a bargin, try getting them both for that price now off the bay:icon_razz:

I've been pondering this, I think it's a toss up between my EJ travel brush and my EJ89.
The brush is not great, I don't think I would buy another, but it got me into lathering up properly. That got me into DE's
The EJ is just such a performer, I have two. One lives in my travel bag. If I lost it all, the EJ is first on the list :)

chrisbell said:
Northam Saint said:
chrisbell said:
Northam Saint said:
chrisbell said:

These?

If so, and if you don't like them, I'd happily buy them from you, or, if I have too many of something you like, I could do a trade.

Pm'd

Northam Saint said:
chrisbell said:
Northam Saint said:
chrisbell said:
Northam Saint said:

These?

Pm'd

Reply sent.

For me it would be English made Wilkinson Sword blades, 5 for 50p years ago when they were available.

More recently, the Edwin Jagger Chatsworth ebony synthetic bristle shaving brush. I ordered one last year, and accidentally dropped it, chipping a small bit from the base. So I ordered another one which I have not used at all. The chipped one has been going strong for around 15 months now.

One day I'll get a camera and photograph the used brush alongside the unused brush to compare the bristles.

I got 100 Feather blades for £18 on the Bay last month -
A minty Fat Boy for £75 -
These deals do not wipe out the rather cash-intensive existence I have had these last 2 months. Inventory now stands at 6 razors, 3 Brushes, 6 creams, 1 soap, 2 balms, 2 oils, 130 blades, 2 bowls......

Oops!

According the the bar code those are the NOS Stockholm ones, I find them a little rough in some razors (particularly OC) but they work well in an EJ, Fatboy and other middle of the road aggressive razors. Make him an offer :lol

I am down to my last 303 of those from an original 3500 I bought from RareUp on the bay ages ago, I soled/traded most of them.

Not my iKon 5-pack. Not my NF Tubby 1. Not my Polsilver blades. Not my Nanny's Olive oil shaving soap, or the castle Forbes either.

The water softener. Benefits many facets of the shaving process.

Ratty said:
These deals do not wipe out the rather cash-intensive existence I have had these last 2 months. Inventory now stands at 6 razors, 3 Brushes, 6 creams, 1 soap, 2 balms, 2 oils, 130 blades, 2 bowls......

Oops!

Need more blades! Haha.

I have been at it 5/6 months, and I'm around 1200 when my next delivery arrives.

Blades bit first, I acquired shit loads, thought I'd beaten it then moved onto soaps/creams. Then got myself another couple of brushes, only to find blades are back in! At least they're the cheapest component of shaving, per unit.

Re: RE: Your best purchase

SmallBeard said:
Ratty said:

Oops!

Need more blades! Haha.

I have been at it 5/6 months, and I'm around 1200 when my next delivery arrives.

Blades bit first, I acquired shit loads, thought I'd beaten it then moved onto soaps/creams. Then got myself another couple of brushes, only to find blades are back in! At least they're the cheapest component of shaving, per unit.

Did the same as you. Hoping not to get into brushes.

NotTheStig said:
SmallBeard said:
Ratty said:

Oops!

Need more blades! Haha.

Did the same as you. Hoping not to get into brushes.

That can be really expensive!

I think 3 is my limit really, if I had more certain brushes wouldn't get used, and as I'm not really a collector this would be pointless. I shave 3 times a week roughly, so one each shave.

If I was to buy another, it wouldn't be until I'd moved one of mine on. I do have a synthetic waiting for my birthday, but I won't be buying anymore myself.

Back
Top Bottom