Yorkshire acquisitions

Having completed as near as I could a Yorkshire shave last night I have begun a quest for some Yorkshire products in readiness for next years shave....

I am curious to know if anyone is aware of any Yorkshire made brushes and DE razors (not the Darwin or EJ please) which is available to buy...

EJ 89 and my technique just do not match....

I would prefer vintage if at all possible.....

I am also on the lookout for some Jewel blades.....

I seemed to get on ok with them yesterday..

I have MWF, is there an A/S or balm that is Yorkshire made?

Any idea's from you Gentlemen?

I can help you out with a razor - The Laurel. I have a brand new one in the box, it might have a wrapped blade as well.

PM me - it's yours.

I have a Laurel razor but the drawback is they only take Laurel blades. The cut out in standard blades does not match the shape of the Laurel razor.
I believe Wardonia are another brand which are tied to their own blades.
Regards Brian

Why don't you go for the full on experience and go for a straight razor. There are hundreds of different makes all from Sheffield that would suffice and you will have a full year to practice with them?

You say 'next year's' shave - that gives plenty of time to get yourself up and running with a Sheffield Straight.

As for aftershave, I thought you Yorkshire Men were hardy creatures so a drop of Black Sheep Bitter should do. In fact if you put some in a fancy bottle and label it as Moutton Noir you could make some money as well.

Edit: Obviously Exile and me had the same idea - I was still typing as he posted.

A straight huh? Being a tight fisted Yorkshireman I would not like to buy a straight and have to pay for honing and stropping...

Figured the Jewel's were that good, someone on here would be willing to sell me a 1000 for 20p :)

I believe that some Laurel razors were made for standard blades, and some for their own design.... But I may be wrong on that one.........

How much is a shave ready straight??????

I'd be interested in a Yorkshire shave too. Got the MWF (Bradford) waiting. Are EJ Yorkshire too? That never figured in my decision to buy my first razor. Would probably not have trumped for the Merkur 34C if I'd known this...

Well, thanks to a very kind man on here, I now have a Yorkshire made Laurel Razor (that takes DE blades) on the way....

Just need to track down a Yorkshire made brush (if they exist) and some Yorkshire blades (are Jewel the ones to look for)

:) my quest goes on..........

Back
Top Bottom