Yet another "what the hell is this" thread

Came across this phallic looking razor on the bay, not sure what to make out of this, the 30's were sure a wacky time to be in the razor biz.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reel-Watch-Razor-Very-rare-few-examples-known-very-rare-collectables-/181463096035?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

That is a real collectible - if only the reel blade was still available. Gillette introduced the same principle in the seventies - it was the worst razor I ever had - so I assume this one suffered the same fate. A rolling strip of razor turned on a notch after two or three shaves. Unfortunately, the technology even in the seventies was not up to the job so even the first shave was useless.

Can't make my mind up whether the reserve will be met or maybe it will sell for £500. On balance I think it will be re-listed.

UKRob said:
That is a real collectible - if only the reel blade was still available. Gillette introduced the same principle in the seventies - it was the worst razor I ever had - so I assume this one suffered the same fate. A rolling strip of razor turned on a notch after two or three shaves. Unfortunately, the technology even in the seventies was not up to the job so even the first shave was useless.

Can't make my mind up whether the reserve will be met or maybe it will sell for £500. On balance I think it will be re-listed.

I'm pretty sure Paul (pjgh) said he has had a good shave with a Techmatic.

If he did he's a very rare breed. All the other reviews I've read can be summed up with one word, 'shite'.

Back
Top Bottom