Yahoo?!? What have they done??

I have just set up my Gmail account to receive messages from my old blueyonder account. When msgs arrive in my blueyonder account, they are automatically sent toy Gmail account and labelled as blueyonder. All the usual sender and subject fields are still displayed.

Another bonus is that from gmail, I can now send msgs via my blueyonder account. The msg will appear in the recipients inbox addressed from my blueyonder account.

It should work with your yahoo acccount and that way you can still use your yahoo mail address but use the Gmail interface. Plus you also get a Gmail address.

I'd be happy to help you set it up.

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice guys. I have set up a Thunderbird a/c, and already have a gmail a/c (though not with my domain name). Both are linked to Yahoo so everything coming into Yahoo also goes to those a/cs. Emails sent from Thunderbird say they are coming from Yahoo, but not those from Gmail.
Meanwhile the ability to order emails by date, sender etc. seems to have returned in Yahoo, and I have managed to fix the conglomeration of all emails from the same sender (one of which is messages from customers sent through my website) in settings - I think I did that by turning off 'conversations'.
So I can probably continue to live with Yahoo for the time being. But I really don't know what the point of them completely changing the appearance and settings of the thing is, other that to upset people. They would be better off spending the money on sorting the freezing problem, where sometimes you can't access your emails for minutes at a time.

Just checked my yahoo account and it's completely wrecked!

Every time I go there it asks me to pick a theme but even if I do it's gone when I return (and I get asked again).

The list of messages is just about unreadable as they have each got a second line underneath the title which overwrites the title of the next message.

Utter muppets!

My inbox has just been a blank screen for the last couple of hours. Fortunately the emails are still being redirected o.k. from Yahoo to Thunderbird, so I'm still getting them.

Mines fine on pc and Android app. Picked a theme, turned off conversation mode in settings and it's all good. Dunno why some are having problems.

My Yahoo Android app has been playing up all night. I don't really use that email account, my sky.com one, any more, but I still get lots of emails on it.

Glad I moved away from Yahoo and set up my own domain and paid for email, so much better.

Well, I've got my emails back by restarting - Cntrl and f5, or shift and f5, not sure which. Later in the day froze again for ages, so closed down and restarted. Although I 'synched' the Thunderbird a/c with Yahoo, and all my Yahoo emails are now in Thunderbird, it didn't copy my Yahoo folders, in which is some vital info I need to have. So will be working on that asap.

nooo the new layout appeared on mine yesterday. took me a while to figure out what was going on in regards to replying to someone but i was getting on with it rather than setting up a new account. now though when i am writing a reply it keeps coming up with a box saying you are invisible so i have to close the box and type the message out again if i havent noticed it.

Back
Top Bottom