Xmas Presents

An elderly friend who's coming for Xmas wants the "JML shower feet", a quick search on the high street and it's sold out everywhere (not online).

Whotf buys this shit?

Oh yes, I do.

I remember seeing this on Dragons Den and thinking it's not the worst idea in the world. For someone like me, who is relatively tall (6ft 4") I find reaching down to wash my feet a tad awkward.

I've survived without one... but I wouldn't be against having one.

JohnVaux said:
What about one of them old fashioned long handled back brushes ?

I'd be against the timber handle ones... the timber ends up going bad. A plastic handled one.. yeah, I don't see why not.

I'd be curious as to who would fork out £65 for a Dalvey Classic Stainless Steel Shaving Bowl as seen on Executive Shaving?

I have a less sophisticated €5 version that was marketed as a cat food bowl... it's fitted with rubber on the base to prevent it from slipping also. Even at €5 I thought it was a tad pricey and sweated slightly before buying it.

jb74 said:
JohnVaux said:
What about one of them old fashioned long handled back brushes ?

I'd be against the timber handle ones... the timber ends up going bad. A plastic handled one.. yeah, I don't see why not.

Wood might need a wee bit of occasional looking after but if you had a brush handle made from Sweet Chesnut or Yew, even completely untreated, the handle should last 25 years plus. Chances of finding such a brush? Bugger all to none.

And you're right about the Dalvey bowl but it is a touch of class. Not for my pocket though.

Wow, I just Googled that. There's one here with express delivery as an option. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-JML-Shower-Feet-Foot-Cleaner-scrubber-washer-bath-brush-/400349026538?pt=UK_Bathroom_Mats_Rugs&var=&hash=item5d36a958ea May be more, I only had a quick look.

I saw those before in an ad somewhere. Remember because I couldn't figure out how they worked. Even if they didn't work, it would be worth it as a Christmas conversation started!!
Hope you find them!

Back
Top Bottom