Wow Filarmonica 14 SubCero

Here is my newest buy thought it was in slight poor condition.. turns out she cleaned up very well and has the full size left with no honewear. could not be happier :)

just took some fast photos, need to take better.

DSC03556_zpsdcc0ab29.jpg

DSC03558_zps21fcb0b5.jpg

DSC03559_zpsa2984c8e.jpg

DSC03562_zpsde91a2d0.jpg

WOW!! How sweet is that blade :D Never tried a Sub Cero, but I've heard very good things about them! Looking forward to your upcoming SOTD :)

UKRob said:
Well done Magnus - I'm glad you have something to take your mind off the Heljestrand scales.:icon_cry2:

Rob. hehe im not mad about that at all. its not like its my only ivory scale. in fact i almost got more ivory scales then plastic :D

Very nice razor, well done. I don't know what condition it was before you cleaned it. But Generally speaking, what is the best way to clean the razor including removing some light rust and/or tarnish, without damaging or dulling the gold wash?
thanks alot

Lovely razor that! My favourite colour Filly scales too...nice:)

I have a subcero 12 and that was a tricky one to hone, once I nailed the edge on it though...excellent shaver as are all the Filarmonica's.

My hunt is still on for a EPBD with the same colour scales as that.

Sezer74 said:
Very nice razor, well done. I don't know what condition it was before you cleaned it. But Generally speaking, what is the best way to clean the razor including removing some light rust and/or tarnish, without damaging or dulling the gold wash?
thanks alot

well cleaning a razor with gold etching is a challange, this is how i do it step by step. some ppl might have pointers on my method but it works for me.

step 1.dipping the blade (blade only) in 96% alcohol.
step 2. cleaning the razor with soap just to take of the dirt.
step 3. micromesh chlot high grits on the etching and blade a few swips with following ,6k8k12k.
step 4. cover the etching with very mild tape once im happy with the cleaning.
step 5. micromesh the rest of the blade with high grits 6k up to 12k
step 6. autosol on a cloth and clean the blade.
step 7. taking the razor to the sink and cover the blade in soap and clean it with water. while removing the tape over the gold etching.
step 8. micromesh 12k grit a few swipes over the hole blade to get rid of any fadedlines from tapelines.
step 9 Hone and enjoy.

jaycey said:
Lovely razor that! My favourite colour Filly scales too...nice:)

I have a subcero 12 and that was a tricky one to hone, once I nailed the edge on it though...excellent shaver as are all the Filarmonica's.

My hunt is still on for a EPBD with the same colour scales as that.

hmm okey well i found the filly to be pretty easy to hone. just like the Doble Temple. used a naniwa SS1k to set the bevel. followed by ss5k then coticule and finished on a Jnat

Back
Top Bottom