World athletics championships

Why oh why have channel 4 got the rights to this.

Trendy kids TV presenters should not be presenting grown up sports (apart from Jake Humphrey who is great).

cubert said:
Why oh why have channel 4 got the rights to this.

Trendy kids TV presenters should not be presenting grown up sports (apart from Jake Humphrey who is great).

Good point. They completely failed to make an issue of the incident at the end of the 110m hurdles. It's a big thing when a winner is disqualified. It was clear he impeded the guy next to him who would have won the race but they didn't seem to realise this could be a big story.

That and they had an ad break after every race. I don't think one false start should be a DQ.

I'm really enjoying all the adverts, even a little athletics thrown in! Rubbish commentary (Rob Walker - a little restraint, please, poor presenting and interviewing- makes you appreciate the BBC (never thought I'd say that).
A great sport made almost unwatchable by idiots:mad:.

The Channel 4 coverage is beyond atrocious. How the hell did the Beeb lose the rights to this?

Bloody money ruins everything. Can't watch any decent footie cos of sodding sky (think it's really wrong they got international football) and now yoof presenters ruining athletics.

For me as a disabled person, the fact that they have the rights to the London Paralympics is most disappointing, given the abysmal quality of the World Athletics Championship coverage. I'm intrigued as to why the London Committee felt that Channel 4 was the right broadcaster for the Games.

Aren't they promising really comprehensive coverage of the Paralympics? I'm not sure what that will mean in practice.

People do like to knock the BBC but it just goes to show what a fantastic job they do in covering major events.

Yellow Jim said:
Aren't they promising really comprehensive coverage of the Paralympics? I'm not sure what that will mean in practice.

People do like to knock the BBC but it just goes to show what a fantastic job they do in covering major events.

Shame then they sold out to Sky a year early on the F1 coverage. !!!! :mad::mad::mad:
Pete

Great last day - most of the programme matches the last night at the olympics for which I have a ticket. If Mo wins on that night I'm not sure the ticker will cope. But it would be a great way to go! Just as long as I see Bolt too.

Back
Top Bottom