Woods of Windsor - Tallow Refill

yhst-16632634487019_2084_1809880540

I was kindly sent one of these by Manimal after reading one of his posts.

The refill is not to be confused with the WoW Soap 'n' Mug set which I haven't tried and includes the new formulation soap this particualr soap is tallow based. I don't know if the scent has faded over time but it is quite difficult to describe, it has a fairly muted citrus (which I like) that develops into nice dry leather/woody scent, it has a sweet/ bitter woody accord not unlike an aromatic fougere, a classic English gentlemen's scent in many ways but without the fern I suppose. A lightly smoked MWF ???

As long as it doesn't smell like toilet cleaner or BBQ that's good for me.

The EDT is described as follows from basenotes

Top Notes: Lemon, Verbena, Lemongrass, Orange, Bergamot
Middle Notes: Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Clove, Neroli
Base Notes: Woody

The lather is exquisite and the refill is generous (150g) so if you can pick it up for £6 - £7 or so then it represents excellent value. I was reluctant to review something that is not in production any more but I think there are probably still enough out there to be found. It is not an endangered species just yet, worth a hunt...Tallow Ho!

A reply 7 months coming :oops: I discovered WoW after the men's line was dropped.
I scrounged 2 each of the aftershave and EDT after another online friend sold me a partial bottle. I'm saving them for winter and hoping rotation of other acquisitions allows me to enjoy them a few years.
There is all of one post tallow reformulation mug and puck on US EBAY for $30, one EDT for $99, a soap bar and shampoo for rediculous sums not worthy or repeating. It's demoralising to find a decent product only to have some bean counting accountant write both it and a loyal customer base off.
I'm buying other favoured products as I can, looking over my shoulder for fear a mountain lion, or worse some accountant is stalking my shaving kit.

Back
Top Bottom