Wolfman Razor

Having just got to the top of the list and got the email from James I am now trying to choose which Wolfman to get.
I was thinking of getting it in Aluminium as I get on well with light razors. The alumigoose is my favourite at the minute. I much prefer it to the mongoose I had before. Has anyone tried both to compare?

How do the open comb and safety bar compare with each other?

As this will hopefully be a lifetime razor I want to get the choice right. Will an aluminium razor wear as well as SS if carefully looked after?

Many thanks in advance,

Paul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having just got to the top of the list and got the email from James I am now trying to choose which Wolfman to get.
I was thinking of getting it in Aluminium as I get on well with light razors. The alumigoose is my favourite at the minute. I much prefer it to the mongoose I had before. Has anyone tried both to compare?

How do the open comb and safety bar compare with each other?

As this will hopefully be a lifetime razor I want to get the choice right. Will an aluminium razor wear as well as SS if carefully looked after?

Many thanks in advance,

Paul.

As far as combs goes you could play it safe, like I did, and get a dual comb one.
I actually don't find the two comb options to shave significantly different but that's probably very much a YMMV

I like lighter razors too. I have the alumigoose and much prefer it to the SS one. When I tried Nico's passaround I found his SS Wolfman fairly light as it has a very low profile head. Also alu is far softer than SS and won't wear as well. However if you're careful alu should be OK. Personally I'd go for the next SS version or enquire after a titanium one?

By the way, congratulations on getting to the top of the list

Congrats!

You may wish to try an aluminum handle matched with a stainless steel head.

Stainless is the better lasting material. Aluminum can corrode, and is a softer metal.

As far as combs goes you could play it safe, like I did, and get a dual comb one.
I actually don't find the two comb options to shave significantly different but that's probably very much a YMMV

I didn't really notice any difference but wouldn't want to say which I preferred either so would say go duel all the way?

I didn't really notice any difference but wouldn't want to say which I preferred either so would say go duel all the way?

Personally I like the dual comb - while they shave very similar, to me, I still prefer to use the safety bar under my nose and around the mouth and the OC comb for the rest of the face and neck. Go figure. To me its a benefit that I have access to both comb models by just flipping the razor over but these things are so subjective

I have an aluminium dual comb standard gap and a stainless open comb 0.74. The weight difference is very noticeable. Both shave very well. The aluminium has some small cleaning marks but the stainless looks like new.

The shaves are quite different, each with their merits. I'd have titanium if I had the option now.

A while back I tried to sell the aluminium but got no bites. Looks like I won't get back what I paid for it so I am keeping it. I prefer stainless very slightly, and the lack of interest implies others do too.

If you bought stainless and regretted it, I'd do some sort of trade for my aluminium one if you were interested.

Definitely stainless for me. With reference to Wintoid's razor above, had it been either OC or SB and stainless I'd have been all over it. Personally I dislike the dual comb idea, and a few people who've tried them don't see much difference, which is not surprising considering that the geometry is the same on both sides.

As the Wolfman heads are low-profile even the steel ones aren't really heavy.

With weight only in mind Aluminium is the best option. Taking other aspects like chemical and mechanical resistancy in consideration too, I vote for a Titanium Wolfman.
Congratulations for reaching the top of the list.

Marco

I'm with Len on this, SS head and use another handle (I use wooden ones as I like light razors). I've had SB, OC and a DC and SB with increased gap (0,65 and 0,74). Since there is almost no difference between sides with the DC it's my least favorite.

Back
Top Bottom