Windows phone 8

Afternoon all, wondering if anyone here is using a windows 8 phone (especially the HTC 8S) trying to convince wife it is the way to go for her from blackberry. Wondering if it is possible to have multiple email accounts on the home page as separate tiles? Cheers, Ed

Not on a HTC, I have it on a Lumia 920. Email is flexible - you can have tiles assigned to individual accounts and you can also merge any accounts you want and pin those accounts under a single tile as well and you can do both, I have a single account under one tile and a couple of google acounts merged under another. Hope that helps.

Im on the one x at the moment, but she can't stand android phones sadly. Was not having an iphone in the flat so talked her into going to have a play with the 8s. I rather liked the 8x must be said, tempted to switch when I can.

What an fantastically timed thread.

I'm getting a PAYG Nokia Lumia 800 tomorrow and if it's any good then I'll probably stump up for a 920 on a contract.

Was looking at upgrading my old Monochrome Nokia 1200 for an Android, Blackberry or IOS handset but I've always had Nokias and they are happy to take a bit of a beating.

I'll keep a close eye on this thread then.

Switched from Android (HTC Desire HD) to the 920 a few weeks back, free handset from Vodafone and they reduced my monthly tariff, bless them. Absolutely love the phone, and it's nice to have something... different, rather than just another iOS or Android phone. It looks the business, feels pleasingly hefty without being brick-like and I really like being able to pin live tiles to the homepage (handy with a boarding pass, for example). Downside, if it bothers you, is that there are nothing like the amount of apps for WP, although all the main ones I ever use are there.

Got the Lumia 800 a couple of weeks ago.

I just can't get along with it - stupid touch screens / charging every day.

If anyone wants it, drop me a pm - looking for £100 for it.

From playing with my wife's htc 8s I have to say that I really rather like what they've done with the windows phones! Which is not what I was expecting to say!

Re: RE: Windows phone 8

joe mcclaine said:
Got the Lumia 800 a couple of weeks ago.

I just can't get along with it - stupid touch screens / charging every day.

If anyone wants it, drop me a pm - looking for £100 for it.

It's still a stupid touch screen but the Motorola Razor Maxx (Android) has the best battery life of any smartphone, and not by just a few minutes. You can get two full days with pretty hefty use throughout before charging. I have the standard Razr and that manages about 9 hours with about the same proportion of use

Only just seen this thread.

I upgraded my HTC desire (android) to a HTC 8S (windows) a couple of weeks ago. Initially had doubts about it as I could not get my contacts onto it. It uses a micro sim card rather than the standard one in the earlier phone. Eventually HTC's customer service people figured out what to do and it took seconds when you know how!

Having had a week to play with it since I am utterly delighted with it. Much prefer it to Android. Lots of back up available on line, from HTC and Microsoft. Oh and it's costing me £2 a month less with a better (for me) contract.

Tony.T said:

I upgraded my HTC desire (android) to a HTC 8S (windows) a couple of weeks ago. Initially had doubts about it as I could not get my contacts onto it. It uses a micro sim card rather than the standard one in the earlier phone. Eventually HTC's customer service people figured out what to do and it took seconds when you know how!

Having had a week to play with it since I am utterly delighted with it. Much prefer it to Android. Lots of back up available on line, from HTC and Microsoft. Oh and it's costing me £2 a month less with a better (for me) contract.

how much is your contract if you don't mind me asking

shanky887614 said:
Tony.T said:

how much is your contract if you don't mind me asking

100 mins/month (I only use about 10!)

unlimited texts

250mb data

£20.35/ month, Orange. Deal and phone by phones4u

Back
Top Bottom