Windows 10 and bitdefender

Anyone running the above?
It has been working fine for me for a few weeks, I've just had a Windows update and now I'm getting repeated messages telling me bitdefender and Windows defender are disabled.
If I re-enable they are immediately disabled again. It looks VERY much like a virus, but I have NOT done anything that would give me a virus? Weird!
Any clues?

Just updated my Win 10 and Defender is running fine.

It does sound like you have a virus.

Do a Google for a stand alone Stinger tool and see if that picks up anything.

I had the same problem as yours a couple of weeks ago with the added message which was stuck on trying to configure services as well .After a few attempts uninstalling and installing got fed up and wiped it off.Then last night I noticed a new update and restart was waiting which I did and then thought I'll give Bitdefender another go which installed ok updated ok and is now working ok.

OK thanks, pleased I'm not the only one! I'll see if I can kick the kids of the TV and get it sorted. So did you just uninstall? Any other AV installed?

Looks like it is/was a conflict with Windows 10 and bitdefender. Removed, scanned with multiple standalone scanners. Installed Avira and all appears OK... Phew...

Sorry I mis read the earlier posts.
(20 years in IT Support, I should know better really)

I thought you were using Windows Defender.
It's what I have used for a few years and not had a problem.

Back
Top Bottom