Wilkinson Sword shaving stick, £2 delivered!!!!

I've watched the amazing Mr Barker in all the usual suspects like Porridge, The Two Ronnies and Open All Hours. Arkwright is definitely my favourite although I loved Porridge too. The Two Ronnies floats my boat a little less but boasts many funny sketches especially the legendary four candles/fork handles! I never saw any of Clarence or The Magnificent Evans but looking at IMDb, he'd been in a huge number of different shows. One earlier performance was in the canal boat comedy The Bargee with Harry H. Corbett of Steptoe & Sons fame. Great fun but Corbett steals the show and there is an amusing sequence of timely appearances by Eric Sykes. I see there was a spoof documentary on the life of Norman Stanley Fletcher mad e in '03 so must try to get my furtive mitts on it.

Here a rattle, there a rattle.....:angel:

Gairdner said:
I've watched the amazing Mr Barker in all the usual suspects like Porridge, The Two Ronnies and Open All Hours. Arkwright is definitely my favourite although I loved Porridge too. The Two Ronnies floats my boat a little less but boasts many funny sketches especially the legendary four candles/fork handles! I never saw any of Clarence or The Magnificent Evans but looking at IMDb, he'd been in a huge number of different shows. One earlier performance was in the canal boat comedy The Bargee with Harry H. Corbett of Steptoe & Sons fame. Great fun but Corbett steals the show and there is an amusing sequence of timely appearances by Eric Sykes. I see there was a spoof documentary on the life of Norman Stanley Fletcher mad e in '03 so must try to get my furtive mitts on it.

Here a rattle, there a rattle.....:angel:

I think my favourite Two Ronnies sketch is "Crossed Lines" - trouble is, the entire premise is now redundant with mobiles and texting.:s

Back
Top Bottom