Why do I keep getting logged out?

I seem to keep getting logged out, even when I've been busily clicking from one place to the next. Is it just me, or is anyone else noticing this? And would it be possible to be able to set the amount of time that you want to stay logged in for?

:lol:
But in case it help Boab and Hunnymonster, who are no doubt already in emergency meeting about this, it doesn't happen until I click on the next thing, if that makes sense.

soapalchemist said:
:lol:
But in case it help Boab and Hunnymonster, who are no doubt already in emergency meeting about this, it doesn't happen until I click on the next thing, if that makes sense.

Try clearing the temp files/cookies/ etc in your browser sharon, see if that helps, maybe a problem with cookies doing it

Which puts me in mind of conversation with 13 yr old grandson last week end (as he was helping me to 'veganise' my You Tube thingy), when I said 'how did you learn all these things' and he said 'you don't have to learn them, it's like computer games, no-one has to teach you how to play them'......I felt very inadequate, and very very old as I can't learn how to play computer games; mainly because I've never tried and have zero desire to do so.
Well, let him ever try to survive without a mobile phone in the aftermath.....of something.......then I'll come into my own, as I display my skills at being able to survive without instant access to everyone I know, and without them being able to have instant access to me.
I'M ON A TRAIN...... :lol:

Are you really 12 3/4???

a cookie is a small file that websites will place on your computer when you visit, it will retain info for you for example if you filled in a form or logged in.It will also keep you authenticated and therefore logged in.A bot is a robot or a program which will go and perform repetitive tasks for you for example the Google bot will search this site and index it for searching on Google.Try clearing your temp files/cache and see if that helps with the timeout problem.

Bottom of the page is a link to click to delete board cookies. Clicking it may well sort things, also when you log in click the log me in automatically box so long as you are not using a public computer (e.g. at work, in an internet cafe etc) where someone could start posting as you saying all sorts!!

Back
Top Bottom