Which synthetic brush?

I am going to be camping in a few weeks time. It is on a campsite, and hot water will be available so that's all good. My current brush is boar and I think that a synthetic would probably be better (not needing to soak and dries quicker).

I would welcome your advice for a reasonably priced synthetic brush, I currently facd lather, but bowl lather in the future is not totally out of the question.

Derbian said:
I am going to be camping in a few weeks time. It is on a campsite, and hot water will be available so that's all good. My current brush is boar and I think that a synthetic would probably be better (not needing to soak and dries quicker).

I would welcome your advice for a reasonably priced synthetic brush, I currently face lather, but bowl lather in the future is not totally out of the question.

The Kent comes closer to a boar in terms of how it handles and the Muhle is closer to a badger brush.

Both are good brushes, but for different reasons.

The Kent is great on price.
The Muhle STF V2 is tops in performance.

You might want to read this for some more details on synthetics.

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-20328.html

For a reasonably priced synthetic brush there is Body Shop (around £6), or Culmak (around £3.50) which is available from some high street chemists.

Tim B said:
For a reasonably priced synthetic brush there is Body Shop (around £6), or Culmak (around £3.50) which is available from some high street chemists.

IMO, the Body Shop brush is awful, and, given how many members have the same opinion, I'd suggest the OP steers clear of it.

The Kent synthetic would make a great travel brush if you can get a tube that it fits into. I recently bought a Frank Shaving Pur-Tech synthetic and it's a great brush. Really soft tips and good backbone but probably too big to use a travel brush.

Back
Top Bottom