Which Simpson brush??

Hi gents,

As you can see by the title I am debating about which Simpson brush to buy. Have been doing a bit of research online and so far my choices are:

Colonel X2L
Commodore
Duke 2

At present I am using a Semogue Owners Club boar (which I find amazing!!) and also a Muhle Kosmo synthetic which is equally as nice to use :icon_razz:

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

Hi Ben

I have a Chubby 2 & a Duke 3. I find the Chubby too big & the Duke just right. The Duke 2 would also be a nice size I should think. Very good face latherer. Get it in Best & not Pure. Whatever you choose, Simpsons brushes are unashamed luxury.

The Colonel in best would be my choice. It's and all round, do everything brush and it is well priced. Of my 10 Simpson brushes (Colonel, Wee Scott, T2, E2, Somerset Duke 2, Polo8, Jubilee, Chubby1 M6 and P8) it is my favourite along with my Jubilee.

Rufus said:
The Colonel in best would be my choice. It's and all round, do everything brush and it is well priced. Of my 10 Simpson brushes (Colonel, Wee Scott, T2, E2, Somerset Duke 2, Polo8, Jubilee, Chubby1 M6 and P8) it is my favourite along with my Jubilee.

Ditto ........... I have the Colonel X2L in Best Badger .......... I have a fair few other brushes myself ......... but it's that Colonel that sees all the action. Stiff backbone, but loads of give at the tips ........ It's a Swiss Army knife of a brush ....... will do the softest creams to the hardest soaps without complaint or slowing down.

Rufus said:

Thanks Rufus. I am leaning towards the Colonel as it's within my price range and ticks practically all the boxes. I'm unsure as to if there's going to be a significant difference between the Colonel and a Duke which is nearly double the price.

I love my colonel x2l as well, cracking brush for the price. It does have it ls faults though but its great bang for your buck

bennodale said:
Rufus said:

Thanks Rufus. I am leaning towards the Colonel as it's within my price range and ticks practically all the boxes. I'm unsure as to if there's going to be a significant difference between the Colonel and a Duke which is nearly double the price.

The Duke is denser with more backbone and poorer flow through. I'm not a fan of the Dukes and Chubbies because of this. I don't think they're good value, but why would I since they don't suit me.

If you have medium to large hands, I would suggest skipping the Duke 2, it's simply too small.

Get the Duke 3 in Best - great all round brush, great for face lathering, pretty nice for bowl lathering too.

The Best hair from Simpson is very soft in the 2014 and 2015 batches......borderlining Super 3-band hair in softness

Back
Top Bottom