Which one...

Hi all,

I've been reading through an awful lot of posts, especially the SOTD ones, and I've noticed a similarity...

I reckon the most popular blades are:

Feathers
Gillette 7 o'clock (yellows)
Astras
Derbys

I know I should get a sampler pack but I just don't have the funds at the minute, buying all this shaving gear and ASB, and generally taking more care over my appearance has made me skint! :eek:

So if I were to try any blades, what would they be? I have some Derbys and Astras but would like to try others too! First shave with the Astras tomorrow though! :)

Interested in this thread too!

I've heard (and am happy to be corrected) -

The feathers can unforgiving for the newer shaver.
The Derbys are not as sharp but some people love em and some people hate em.
The Astras are a compromise, sharper than Derbys but not as vicious as the feather.
I know nothing of the 7'oclocks.

I'm also interested in the israeli's (Persona's by brand??) and sharks, mostly because those are the others that N1vlo sent me!

Cheers mate, I'd love to, but maybe in a few weeks when work's settled down - at the moment I'm doing nights and have (stupidly) opted out of days off until things are sorted. Due to this I really couldn't commit to posting to the next person in good time. Thank you for the offer though, I haven't been here long and that's a lovely offer.

Any opinion on the blades mate? If I were to try one or two small packs what should they be? What's your favourite?

PM sent to the both of you lovely chaps.

Thank you very much indeed, what lovely offers. Can't say how happy I am to have found this place on my first foray into proper shaving!

:):):)

Back
Top Bottom