Which Castle Forbes after shave balm?

• Lavender

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Limes

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rum

OK, so I thought it would be fun to make this a poll. I love the Lime scent as I can pair that with any other EdT or EdP that I own (well, roughly) and I have owned it in the past. But the Lavender is marketed as suitable for sensitive skins, so it may be more soothing/gentle, although I've not tried it to see for myself.

I also tried the 1445 at one point and that was a whole good scent all on its own!

So, which would you go for and why? Please vote!

I have the 1445, it's a great scent and has better projection & lengevity than some of my EDT's/Colognes. It's quality gear at a premium price.
I personaly never put anything on after it, no need.

I think that at the price they charge it would be prohibitive to alot of people? Maybe why there has not been that many replies in this thread?

If I had to choose one of the 2 blindly I would go for the Lavender as I have tried too many Lime products (Castle Forbes Lime Shaving Cream is wonderfull)

I've only tried the shaving creams so these observations might not be relevant. I don't usually like lavender but the CF lavender is very nice gentle, subtle, refined smell that I find very soothing. The lime was a hell've a shock when I first opened it. Others here have described it as Opal fruits and the Shaving 101 review said that some people have called it 'sol pine'. It does smell a bit fake to me (which is ironic as they only use essential oils) and it takes a bit of getting used to. I doubt I'd buy it again whereas if I could only use one shaving cream for the rest of my shaving days I'd be more than happy with the lavender. I would say the lavender is the safe bet. And as I said this only applies to the shaving cream.

Hope that helps

Thanks for both replies gents.

I am grateful for that feedback. I too have had people describe the Limes a/s balm as a bit chemical and a lot like skittles (Opal Fruits isn't far off either!!). I would like to try the Lavender balm and I think that's what I'm leaning towards. I agree that the shave cream for it is also quite mild and the scent doesn't linger.

I may well get a small tub of the Lime shaving cream as it could work well on summer days... now that I've figured out how to lather the CF creams!!!

Back
Top Bottom