Which brush for my dad

Hi,

I'm after a bit of advice. Now I have been looking at shaving properly for myself I have decided to get my dad a good shaving brush and stand for his birthday.

I believe he uses a badger brush anyway, but I think it is quite old.

He shaves using Ingram cream, and lathers in his hand if that is at all relevant, so I am looking for a decent brush for him.

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks

Hi, I bought a New Forest two band brush for my Dad last year, he loves it. I also have quite a few New Forest brushes and I really like them. You can search here on the forum for reviews, I think there might be one for sale on the BST.

Regards

Adrian

Ah yes, a budget.

I don't really want to spend more than £50.00, but that would be including a stand as well.

Something Chrome in the stand department would be nice but the only one Ive found so far is £25.00 which seems a bit expensive.

I have been thinking along the same lines actually of spending the money on the brush and not bothering with a stand.

I've just been looking at some of the Neep kenyan stone brushes, they are rather nice.

Or maybe one of the New Forest Ones, I quite like the look of them too. Decisions Decisions

Ah you beat me to it!!
I have two New Forest Brushes and they are good value.
I am sure Fido will be pleased!!
I've never used a stand, good advice on keeping the money for the bit that really matters!
My Dad at 82 is just getting back into using a DE.
And gloating that he can use a Gilette Old type from 1919 and I cannot!! To close for young and tender skin ahem ahem.
May you and your Dad enjoy those!!
Cheers
Tim

Back
Top Bottom