Where it began

As some of you have seen, I'm a woodturner. It all started about 18 months ago when I bought a lathe to help finish the cricket bats I used to make.

I never used it for any bats. Instead, I started with these!
9368e9507e4b9717f44e3679edf6161d.jpg

Then went onto these!
cd5787c9f713431ebcc70089a9d8617d.jpg

d555714251e273bca83815c815528470.jpg

b433317a6981b2616cd3667346c79a50.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Yes. Turn and cut it the same way as wood. It's slightly more brittle and needs more careful handling, but I find it easier to get a shiny glass like finish.

You can turn metal on a wood lathe too. Not recommended, but can be done. Same as wood on a metal lathe. So long as you have the right tools and take the right safety precautions, anything is possible!

My etsy page in my bio is where I do most of my sales. The nibs are German made, factory fitted, Size 5, gold and Iridium plated but I can get hold of bock nibs easily enough.

Just looked but I've seen you on Etsy, just never knew there was a connection to here. Some beautiful pens and I'll definitely be in touch about a couple of pieces later in the year. Just want to get a couple of brushes out of the way first!

My etsy page in my bio is where I do most of my sales. The nibs are German made, factory fitted, Size 5, gold and Iridium plated but I can get hold of bock nibs easily enough.

How broad/fine are the nibs. I am not too sure on size 5.

I like my pens quite fine (extra fine perhaps).

The etsy page is tempting a purchase at every corner

How broad/fine are the nibs. I am not too sure on size 5.

I like my pens quite fine (extra fine perhaps).

The etsy page is tempting a purchase at every corner
The size is to do more with the size of the feed and housing for the nib. I may be able to lay my hands on a fine bock nib, but I believe the factory nib is rated as a medium. Will have a look at my personal one when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom