Whats the hell is in the crap I used to use?

henkverhaar said:
Ah, Mr King even has a patent for it (British patent from 2005, GB 2414484). In it, he claims that the magnetic particles serve to keep a microscopic layer of gel on the blade after rinsing, thereby preventing corrosion between shaves (no claims as to effects during shaving are made). No proof of any of this is offered. Since gels are water based, and iron oxide is not passivating (iron does not stop oxidizing under a coat of rust, unlike aluminium, which is protected from oxidation under a closed layer of aluminium oxide), this sound like a load of crap to me... But patents do not HAVE to prove their claims, until challenged.

Part of me wonders.................. would it be worth challenging?

Why bother? A patent is only worth challenging if you want to commercialize it without having to pay royalties or be liable to damages. If you want to challenge every patent out there that makes unsubstantiated, arguable, or demonstrably false claims, you'd never need a day job...

andyjreid said:
Have you tried out Azor yet?

Well yes I have and it made me feel like a monkey holding a fork.

If anyone else wishes to experience the wonder of feeling like a monkey holding a fork, they can do so for the princely sum of £1 at Asda this week. If they have 3 similar-minded friends they can partake of the 4 for £3 promotion too... Azors £1 each or 4 for £3. They were literally staying on the shelves when I was in there earlier today.

I believe that I probably still have some "colloidal suspension of molybdenum disulphide" resting quietly under a couple of cwts of "stuff" dating back to my motorcycle tuning days. Slippy blades anyone ? (For myself I find a nice lather from a soap with a reasonable glycerine content not only works fine, but I can get even my old brain cells round the concept & I can pronounce glycerine).

JohnnyO. :geek:

Back
Top Bottom