Whats the differance between an AfterShave and Cologne?

Hello Gents, I was Wondering whats the difference between an aftershave and cologne? Especially TOBS. I like the Shaving Shop and Sandalwood Smell, so which one shall I get? an AfterShave or Cologne?
thank you very much

If you want it as just a splash for just shaved face then aftershave scent will not last too long. Cologne if you want the scent to last longer into the day meant to be worn just on the pulse points like a perfume not as a splash after shaving as it will sting quie a bit

Like the scent of your shaving soap, cream or croap, an aftershave is not meant to last much beyond the shaving experience. Often containing an antiseptic to treat minor cuts or abrasions, also may contain moisturizers and/or astringents.

Some aftershaves are aftershave/colognes, meaning they have the above-mentioned properties but also more oils and stronger scents to carry on for a longer time like colognes must.

Aftershave is 1 to 3% perfume oils
Eau de cologne is 2 to 5%
Eau de toilette (EDT) is 5 to 20%
Eau de parfum 10 to 30%

I was recently informed - may or may not be correct - that most perfumes / scents worn by men in the US are EDT.

I think some men would rather say the have on cologne instead of saying perfume, but probably are wearing EDT . :)

Back
Top Bottom