What Vintage Fountain Pens do you Prefer?

Hi Guys,

I'd be interested to hear which older fountain pens you prefer.

Having recently bought a Parker 51 I've had a look to see what else is available on ebay. I really like the look of the Sheaffer Snorkel, the complicated filling mechanism looks interesting! I've got to wait until next payday though, so I have time to decide which colour to settle on.

Some of the old Watermans look pretty nifty too but a little more expensive.

Cheers

B

Love my P51's and my MB149 which is now almost 30 years old,,not quite vintage but getting there.
If I was looking to buy I'd go for Duofolds and older Waterman pens.
The P51 though always attracts attention when its out,,its such an iconic pen, like the E-Type of the pen world.
Regards, beejay

I'm with Beejay on this one (sort of) I love the way my P51 writes broad and wet but when you get back to the 30's Parkers the Duofold or Vacumatic pens are something else. I have owned several but am down to my last Vacumatic as it is still my favourite pen it is a keeper. So smooth to write with and the flex on the nib makes for great fun when writing. There are pics in the other pen thread.

@Dipesh I would try to keep this one at bay because to get a good condition vintage pen is not good for the wallet, unless you are lucky or good at repairing them !! But they do last..........bit like a good Shaving Brush.

missingskin said:
I'm with Beejay on this one (sort of) I love the way my P51 writes broad and wet but when you get back to the 30's Parkers the Duofold or Vacumatic pens are something else. I have owned several but am down to my last Vacumatic as it is still my favourite pen it is a keeper. So smooth to write with and the flex on the nib makes for great fun when writing. There are pics in the other pen thread.

@Dipesh I would try to keep this one at bay because to get a good condition vintage pen is not good for the wallet, unless you are lucky or good at repairing them !! But they do last..........bit like a good Shaving Brush.

I think I want a 51!

When comparisons are made to cars. I can't help myself!

Back
Top Bottom