What have I bought?

I have ordered this travel open comb razor from oxfam website. I bought it because I liked the look of it. I should arrive in a day or two and it would be nice to now what it is.

Attachments

• large_4f03f3a6e4b74cdda59888a3a6f15b9b.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 178
Panama were a German company who made Straights and DE blades; no sure if they ever made razors.

Anyway, let us know how it shaves.

lexx said:
I have ordered this travel open comb razor from oxfam website. I bought it because I liked the look of it. I should arrive in a day or two and it would be nice to now what it is.

Hi there,

I've got a few of those open comb travel razors laying around the arsenal, although I don't use em anymore. In the past, I found these to be a bit on the aggressive side, but that's just me. Keep in mind my magic Gillette # is 4.

These short tooth heads tend to need some attention to detail during the shave. Yep, not the most forgiving design, although it usually provides a very close shave.

The handle is light, so that means the razor might need a little help in some spots. Yeah, the razor's weight isn't gonna be enough to keep the blade stable on your face, and some bearing down might help things. Heh, that's a different technique than you may be used to, and it'll take a little figuring out. The balance and feel is also somewhat different than a normal size razor.

Gillette made these, as did lots of other companies. Maybe there will be some name on yours, or maybe not.

Good luck with the new addition to your shaving arsenal,

Martin

Oh, I just looked at the pic once again. Hmmm, I wonder what exactly that head looks like. It may not be an OC type at all, but I can't tell.

The razor has come. Its unmarked and its came with 1 used and 1 unused Panama blade. Damn it's small. I mean it is so small and who here volunteers for oxfam. It came in a padded envelop with about a square meter of bubble rap and tissue paper around it. The metal case is 4.7cm x 4cm x 1.5cm and the postman struggled to get it trough the letterbox. I will try it later.

Back
Top Bottom