What do you write about?

Since getting my fountain pens I love using them. I'm normally in front of the computer for most of the day typing. I find using the pens therapeutic for want of a better word.

But what do you guys write about?

greyhounddad said:
Since getting my fountain pens I love using them. I'm normally in front of the computer for most of the day typing. I find using the pens therapeutic for want of a better word.

But what do you guys write about?

Not much, but once I get my old man's fountain pen fixed I'll start a book:icon_razz:

Just a wee book with notes in it like when the snow drops flower, when the first green leaves appear on the beach hedge etc.

Just a whole lot of useless things to make folk wonder why I did it (once I'm gone).

I'm a teacher, so a lot of my work is hand written. My teaching planner is paper-based but it's the marking that gets through ink cartridges at an alarming rate.

Edit: Admittedly, I have relapsed into disposable Bics again this week...

1zxlac8.jpg

All my notes at work are made in an A4 notebook using a fountain pen (or rather two in different colours). My colleagues rib me mercilessly about it, but they also know I usually have the definitive notes (and diagrams) that they lack. (Obviously they can only ever have an analogue copy and always in my handwriting which is like being encrypted :D)

I write the odd list; future shaving purchases, holiday plans, even some of my favourite song lyrics once. I am tempted to start a diary as I used to do this when I was at uni.

I barely write anything with a pen these days, and haven't for some time. Best for everybody, as my handwriting has always been abysmal.

Hence my lack on interest in fountain pens, although I understand why people like them.

Ian

I write about things I need to do, budget my money and sometimes handwritten letters to SWMBO on special occasions, or if the mood takes me. I used to keep the other things like the to do lists etc on my phone but since buying a fountain pen and receiving one of Northam Saints excellent leather covers I write everything in a little Rhodia notepad. To do stuff I'll cross through with the other pen (I have two, always different inks) to signify I've completed that task.

I started a book once, but it just petered out. I've been encouraged to try it again as a bloke at works missus has just had two books published (is it published? They're available on Amazon to buy so I guess the word is published). Maybe I'll try my hand at poetry too one day. I used to write poems when I was younger and enjoyed it, but it's one of those things where you need to be in the right frame of mind.

Most things I've sold or PIF'd on here I'll add a handwritten note to, unless I forget and can't be arsed to repackage. I imagine most struggle to read what I write anyway!

I do a lot of court work and use mine for legal ledgers and notes. I had got into the bad habit of using biros and rollerballs so that eventually my usual copperplate writing had deteriorated into an illegible scroll that even I couldn't read. Much happier when I re-found the vintage fountain pens.

I use a quill and carrier pigeon for those days when the morse code system needs rebooting. Handwriting can sometimes be a bit shaky in the back of a stagecoach though.

joe mcclaine said:
I use a quill and carrier pigeon for those days when the morse code system needs rebooting. Handwriting can sometimes be a bit shaky in the back of a stagecoach though.

Sounds like your stagecoach would benefit from an air bag suspension upgrade vinny.

I carry an A6 notebook everywhere and jot things down as reminders or points of interest
I also keep a journal which I buy from http://www.bibles-direct.co.uk/ in which I try different pens/inks combinations,,,weird perhaps but I enjoy fountain pens and inks as much as actually using them and I derive great pleasure from writing with a nice pen on good quality paper
Just tried my latest pen yesterday,,Pelikan M400 in white and tortoiseshell,,gorgeous! and a joy to write with.
Regards, beejay

Mostly for personal letters to friends and family, and I write a weekly letter to my aging aunt who has poor hearing and can no longer hear me on the phone. Occasionally I simply practice a few pages on a notepad to improve my handwriting, song lyrics or whatever I can think of at the moment.

When I first discovered Moleskine notebooks (about 12 years ago), I copied all my old karate notes from classes going back to 1986, all using the Pilot G2.

Back
Top Bottom