What a race.

I follow many sports and always try to see the finish of an event even if not watching all the way through. That's why events like the Grand Prix yesterday are so satisfying.

What a race and what a finish! It made up for all the frustrations earlier in the race. Well done Jenson.

Yes it was really exciting, the last few laps were great,what a great drive from Jenson, I thought that they maybe would not restart the race with all that rain, I'm glad they did.

Flicking around at 10.30pm last night I thought when's this bl**dy race going to end, a great finish to watch if not slightly fortuitous for Button, now he can afford his perpetually pickled Pa's bar bill.

Typical - I forgot about the GP, missed the start and turned on when they were all sat around waiting for the rain to stop. Got bored of waiting and went and did something else.

Might have to look for it on iPlayer this evening :D

Hax said:
Typical - I forgot about the GP, missed the start and turned on when they were all sat around waiting for the rain to stop. Got bored of waiting and went and did something else.

Might have to look for it on iPlayer this evening :D

Shame on you! I must admit I went to bed concerned that the win was going to be taken away from Button.

I'm amazed nobody's mention Le Mans that was also on this weekend. Now that was a race and a half. A couple of spectacular crashes from which both drivers thankfully walked away, and just 14 seconds between 1st and 2nd after some 355 laps or 2800 odd miles. Haven't enjoy a Le Mans so much for quite some time, must have watched about 16 of the 24 hours online - don't have sky.

So all in all, yes, one of the greatest weekends for motor racing that I can remember.

Proudfoot said:
I'm amazed nobody's mention Le Mans that was also on this weekend. Now that was a race and a half. A couple of spectacular crashes from which both drivers thankfully walked away, and just 14 seconds between 1st and 2nd after some 355 laps or 2800 odd miles. Haven't enjoy a Le Mans so much for quite some time, must have watched about 16 of the 24 hours online - don't have sky.

So all in all, yes, one of the greatest weekends for motor racing that I can remember.

I only saw the one crash where all the debris went into the people. It was a miracle that nobody got hurt.

Smell The Glove said:
Proudfoot said:

I only saw the one crash where all the debris went into the people. It was a miracle that nobody got hurt.

Yeah that one was Allan McNish in one of the Audis about an hour into the race, the other was Mike Rockenfeller in another of the Audis at around 10pm, both available on the tube for anyone that missed them. In the Allan McNish crash watch the photographer being chased down the service road by one of the wheels.

Proudfoot said:
Smell The Glove said:
Proudfoot said:

Yeah that one was Allan McNish in one of the Audis about an hour into the race, the other was Mike Rockenfeller in another of the Audis at around 10pm, both available on the tube for anyone that missed them. In the Allan McNish crash watch the photographer being chased down the service road by one of the wheels.

Rockenfeller was incredibly lucky to get away with his shunt. :eek: Whereas I'd call McNish's crash 50:50, Rockenfeller was blameless for his.

Fido said:
Another fine win for Button. This too was quite a race.

Button at his best again! McLaren were the team to beat today. I think he would have won even if Lewis had not made the mistake of going onto intermediates and getting his drive through penalty.

Well done Jenson!:icon_razz:

Classic Button drive - not flashy or too aggressive; judicious overtaking and playing the long game; also his trademark smoothness which helps so much in low-grip conditions when the track can change from lap to lap.

Finally saw this today. As others have said, a beautiful drive from JB, and how good to see a top team letting their drivers race for the lead - Red Bull take note.

I was massively impressed by LH's post-race interview too - if that's any evidence, he's really matured, which will help him as a driver as well as doubtless making his team's life easier!

Back
Top Bottom