What a Fantastic Brush CH1

It finally arrived my brand new Simpsons Chubby CH1 In Best
1st impressions were Wow, what a densely packed knot.
All my other brushes have not cost me more than £40.00 each and this is most definately a huge step up for me.
So i decided to give it a test run. Soaked it for about 10 mins and it absorbed the water in my mug like nothing ive seen before.
I am a face latherer so i gave it a good few swirls in a brand new puck of MWF and got to work.
The brush initially struggled to make a good lather probably due to " new brush syndrome" and the Mitchells being brand new also.
However i returned to the puck for each pass and by the third it was lathering like a champ.
The CH1 has superb backbone for a face lathering brush and the tips are really soft which surprised me as i only went for the best badger option.
I was waiting for it to shed a few hairs but it did not.
Would i recommend it.
Yes without a doubt for face latherers as its the perfect size but if you build lather in a bowl this is not the brush for you.
I got mine from the Diamond Edge which are the cheapest site for Simpsons i found on the net. On top of this they offer 10% discount to shsving room members so the brush came to less than £70 incl p&p. Bargain.

Hi,

Glad you like your new brush! You may find it softens up a bit over time, my CH2 Best did. I don't mean the tips, more the "backbone".

If it doesn't, then I'm really interested in the Chubby once again - my CH2 Best became too floppy for my taste over time. The CH1 may not as its significantly shorter. I wonder how the Super grade compares to the Best in terms of backbone.

John

Just got me one of these myself in Super.

My... what a small brush! I was expecting small, bit this thing is tiny. It's like two sizes smaller than the CH2, not one. :eek:

They should make a CH 1.5!

I have yet to shave with it but initial test lather on my hand felt promising - lots of stiff, dense bristles yet with soft tips. Nice!

Only downside is that it's shed 12 hairs on its first use - I really hope that's it.

John

Man...if it does turn out to be a shedder you are officially the worlds most unlucky brush owner. I'd be interested to know what that baby super turns out like, I like my Best version. I found you have to hold it a little differently to stop it slipping around.

Well.... I sit here typing this with a very red and irritated face. And I didn't even shave! :oops:

I practised-lathered using the Chubby 1 and Tulip 2 using Tabac.

I loaded both brushes and lathered up, then rinsed three times with the Chubby.

Then three more times with the Tulip. Was curious to see how much lather each one would hold, and to compare how they felt on my face.

By the final rinse, my face started to sting and look red. I've never had this before, even after a bad shave!

Even the moisturiser I applied afterwards stung! There is a shiny patch above my moustache area that looks and feels like a carpet burn!

So.... was the combination of 3 lathers with each brush combined with Tabac just too much for my face? Is the Chubby just too much?

John

I may be mistaken but my suspicion is that you use quite a lot of pressure when face lathering, the brushes may be dense but they ain't built for it and neither is your face by the sounds of it.

This sounds like AFLASA syndrome. All of that scrubbing motion plus working in all that soap has exfoliated and cleansed your down to the meat. An application of ASB or aloe vera will ease the discomfort.

Back
Top Bottom