Wales under 20s in world cup semi final

Under 20 rugby world cup.

What a great result in South Africa for the Wales under 20, first team in four years to defeat the All Blacks 9 - 6. Wales and England must surely be in with a shout in this tournament, looks good for those two sides, be nice for them to meet in the final.

Jamie.

RE: Under 20 rugby world cup.

chrisbell said:
pugh-the-special-one said:
...be nice for them to meet in the final.

As long as England win.:icon_razz:

well chris i'm a realist and honest Rugby critic, and would have England firm favourites against Wales at under 20 level, they are a very good side, more complete than the first England team, but Wales have a few individuals who are stars in the making, i watched the England under 20 during the Six nations, and what i find baffling is why do England under 20 play a wide fast dynamic open game with rich rewards, much the same as Wales, but then the next thing they are playing in the English Avvia premiership and all that flair seems to disappear, the games i've seen in that league have been low grade compared to some of the games in the Welsh Irish Italian and Scottish Rabbo pro direct league.

Jamie.

RE: Under 20 rugby world cup.

chrisbell said:
...be nice for them to meet in the final.

As long as England win.:icon_razz:

well chris i'm a realist and honest Rugby critic, and would have England firm favourites against Wales at under 20 level, they are a very good side, more complete than the first England team, but Wales have a few individuals who are stars in the making, i watched the England under 20 during the Six nations, and what i find baffling is why do England under 20 play a wide fast dynamic open game with rich rewards, much the same as Wales, but then the next thing they are playing in the English Avvia premiership and all that flair seems to disappear, the games i've seen in that league have been low grade compared to some of the games in the Welsh Irish Italian and Scottish Rabbo pro direct league.

Jamie.

You know more than me about the leagues, Jamie, but I have heard that the Aviva Premiership is pretty turgid compared to other similar leagues.

Wales under 20s reached the world cup rugby semi final in South Africa after beaating New Zealand Samoa and Fiji, and qualified as top seeds, and now play New Zealand once again on sunday, the other semi final is between Argentina and South Africa, england were knocked out by South Africa.

Jamie.

It doesn't surprise me, when I was 14 (25+ yrs ago) a lad from my year came back from the summer hols with a beard and he was promptly told to go home and shave. At the time we had a fairly successful rugby team but lets just say when we played one particular school team from an ethnically diverse area it was men against boys, literally. Physically they were men with beards, taches and stubble where I doubt many of our team could raise a pubic hair between us, we were duly mashed.

I'm over it already Peter and Tony, when you consider there have been four under 20 world cups and New Zealand have won the 4, but i'm still more than pleased to have reached the semi's, and see the next batch of youngsters ready to represent Wales, and being the first team in four years to beat the All Blacks makes me proud of the team. looks to be a great final between South Africa and New Zealand, i really have no favourites but you wouldn't bet against New Zealand making it 5 world cups.

Jamie

Incredible how the aduly All Blacks have struggled down the years to win the Webb-Ellis Trophy (and nearly gave it to the French on the most recent occasion) yet they've dominated the U-20s version.

Back
Top Bottom