Wade & Butcher restore

This is a Wade & Butcher 5/8 wedge with custom made Ebony scales nickel silver pins and stainless steel washers, and blood red acrylic wedge, I've just finished this one for a member from another forum, the original scales were shot beyond rescue, and there was a nasty nick out of the blade, the owner wanted to keep all the etching so I had to be very careful while restoring this razor, I could only take it so far, I was also told by the owner that he wanted wooden scales, lucky for him that I had a nice piece of Ebony waiting to be used, well now for the photo's.

Jamie

fotoflexer_photo-1.jpg

fotoflexer_photo-2.jpg

fotoflexer_photo-8.jpg

Just that little bit different Jamie - I definitely like them. Much as I like working with horn, I don't think you can beat the look of Ebony and the feel is something that's difficult to describe as well.

Rob

I am starting to get an itch for a square point W & B, this don't help!

Nicely done Jamie, I have a bit of Ebony sitting here that is destined to go on a couple of razors, when I can be arsed:)

Cheers

jaycey said:

Nicely done Jamie, I have a bit of Ebony sitting here that is destined to go on a couple of razors, when I can be arsed:)

Cheers

Cheers Jason, how's the new razor shaving? I think my next razor will be stainless steel, not sure what one maybe a Henckels, one like this if I'm lucky. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/263936-My-New-Henckels-Friodur-8-8-Buffalo-Horn-Stainless-Steel-Straight-Razor!

Jamie

pugh-the-special-one said:
Bechet45 said:
Thank goodness somebody already owns it else I'd be trying to start my fourth roll of straights. Lovely job, Jamie - but what else?

Hi Carl, I thought you were going to give straight razors a go in the new year.

Jamie

In the Spring - but even then I don't need more than twenty-one razors!

jaycey said:

Cheers

Cheers Jason, how's the new razor shaving? I think my next razor will be stainless steel, not sure what one maybe a Henckels, one like this if I'm lucky. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/263936-My-New-Henckels-Friodur-8-8-Buffalo-Horn-Stainless-Steel-Straight-Razor!

Jamie

Pretty early days yet with the Friodur, only shaved with it twice and twice it has performed well, took a good edge quite easily. It's certainly a keeper!
That's a nice model in the link, I do prefer the scalloped spine but that's just me:icon_razz:
How do you get on with the 8/8 's?

jaycey said:
jaycey said:

Cheers

Jamie

Pretty early days yet with the Friodur, only shaved with it twice and twice it has performed well, took a good edge quite easily. It's certainly a keeper!
That's a nice model in the link, I do prefer the scalloped spine but that's just me:icon_razz:
How do you get on with the 8/8 's?

Hi Jason,

I have two Japanese 7/8 and that old Wade & Butcher is almost a 8/8, I don't have much of a problem stepping up with a bigger blade to be honest, like you my want or should I say must have razor would be a mint or NOS big 8/8 Filarmonica, I've honed a few and restored one, and they are very impressive blades.

Jamie.

UKRob said:
Just that little bit different Jamie - I definitely like them. Much as I like working with horn, I don't think you can beat the look of Ebony and the feel is something that's difficult to describe as well.

Rob

+1 and I just love the text on the blade.

Back
Top Bottom