Vive Le Tuft!

It pains me to be referencing anything French (for those who understand the pain of a fanatic Welsh Rugby fan), but in this case, it is my pleasure to make an exception for Bill.

He has just delivered to me 2 exceptional custom made brushes that I will treasure.

First up is a brush in the Vintage Style which I requested from Bill. All he had for a spec was an old poor quality picture and no idea from me of the size I wanted, the material or the type/size of knot. He really had to call on all his years of experience for this one and he pulled it off. He presented me with a brush that was absolutely, exactly what I wanted! It really looks amazing and here are some pictures:

old4b.jpg

old3.jpg

old2p.jpg

old1n.jpg

Next up, he made me a another vintage style brush with a twist - we referred to it as the Welsh Brush. This is also my pride and joy. Alas, it was not enough of a charm to help us beat France, but to be fair to Bill, I have yet to get it enchanted by the Druids. Anyway, here are the pictures:

welsh4.jpg

welsh3.jpg

welsh2.jpg

welsh1.jpg

The insert in the bottom is a pin badge that Bill inserted and covered with cellulose and looks fantastic.

I really can't thank Bill enough.

I'm flabergasted, as allways, when seeing some of Bills work. Fantastic bruhses and the first one hits a special spot in my heart, I allways loved the old barber handle brushes! I've even made two myself (from old handles and with Peters knots, one for me and one for a friend). Great looking brushes there and most likely top performers!

Thanks for the response. Bil really is a craftsman. In some ways, I don't want to use them, but just to keep looking at them!!!

Mikael said:
I'm flabergasted, as allways, when seeing some of Bills work. Fantastic bruhses and the first one hits a special spot in my heart, I allways loved the old barber handle brushes! I've even made two myself (from old handles and with Peters knots, one for me and one for a friend). Great looking brushes there and most likely top performers!

There lovely!

Bill has got some skills alright.

I wanted a beehive with the red but mine has changed a little. I can't wait to get hold of it!

Bill really is gifted. The brushes are even better in the flesh!! Thanks for the kind comments.

Hi Konstantinos,

Haven't spoken to you for a while - I hope all is well and that you will soon be settling into your new life,

Regards,
Erik.

Looks fantastic Erik, I have a simular brush being made by Bill, in Faux Ivory and Ebony, Bill is such a perfectionist, you know when you order one of his brushes it's going to be special.

Jamie.

Ooh, nice pen! ;)

Both lovely, I particularly go for the long handled one. In fact, I've been intending to contact Bill for something along very similar lines for a while now, so thanks for the nudge.

Back
Top Bottom