Vintage Wilkinson blades

Sorry can't be much help....I used to use them all the time back in the 60's, as thats about all that was available locally, well those and Jewels........But since I discovered Feathers and Gillette yellows I just don't rate the Wilkies anymore

I realise they are not going to be around forever it's just I noticed they were getting good feedback in an older post and wanted to try and experience something my father would have perhaps used.

SpeedyBabylon5 said:
Are these the good Wilkinson blades you guys like or have I just bought some duds?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300678550400?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Thanks

Hi Nick,

There's a bunch of various Wilkinson blades from different eras and not all of em shave the same (as you might imagine). Some vintage ones are good and others are very good, and a couple are even better than that.

I can't tell you much about the blades you bought. The dispenser looks like 1-2 others I've seen, but what will help me identify those would be when you get those blades and you post a picture of the wrapper and blade itself. I have a hunch those may be Super Swords or possibly Light Brigades but that's only a guess.

Sorry I can't be of more help right now. I'll be curious how they end up working out for you.

Martin

Jamies said:
They're a great blade, smooth, sharp and last ages.

+1

I only have an exactly similar pack, have used up three of them already and cannot allow myself to use up the rest, they're the best blade I've ever paired my DEs with.

Got a lovely message from the seller saying thanks for bidding and I have thrown in an extra one! (pack I hope). Strangely enough some of the shaving purchases I have made through ebay I have got really nice personal notes or ebay messages.

Back
Top Bottom