Vintage Rooney brush

Just taken a bit of a punt on this on ebay. It reminds me a bit of a Simpson's Keyhole in design but I think there are the remnants of an old Rooney sticker on the front. What do the experts think? Have any of you ever seen this design before?

eabe6ce6.jpg

Re: Vintage Rooney brush?

It's a Vintage Rooney alright and I've seen that model before.

If the knot hair is lope sided rather than worn try sticking it in the fridge for a few days.

Thanks for the confirmation. Any idea when it dates from? Did Rooney use certain sticker designs at different times in their history. There seems to be a lot more info about the vintage Simpson's out there.

How does sticking it in a fridge help?

Interesting. I'll see what it's like when it turns up and give it a go if it is lop sided. Would you give the brush a wash first before refrigerating it?

I really don't know bit if it's just wonky you have nothing to loose by fridging it before washing it.

The brush turned up yesterday and I gave it a good clean. Shampooed the knot and gave the handle a wipe round. It's quite a nice little brush. Nice shaped handle (42mm in height) with a good bit of weight to it. It's made from some kind of plastic and has striations running down the outside. The knot seems to be in decent shape, it lost a few hairs whilst I was washing it out but not too many. It's a 20mm knot with 37mm loft. The tips feel pretty soft considering it's pure badger. I'll give it a bit of a run out before deciding what to do with it (it's soaking in Barbicide at the moment).

DSC_1083.jpg

DSC_1092.jpg

3940ebe7-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom