Vintage Blades

Until recently the only vintage blades I had come into contact with we're very old pre WW2, and nothing that I was brave enough to use. Then James Patel on here and I exchanged a few blades and he kindly sent me some made in England 70's blades, as in the picture.

Wow they are good, now I see why some people rate these so highly. Currently I am using one of the Platinums in the blue box. On the first shave with one they are good, second shave they are better and third still as good as the second. I'm keeping the current one in for a fourth shave just to see how long one will last. If anyone gets a chance or have a pack they are considering trying go for it. The blades James sent me were boxed and sealed. So don't be put off by the age nothing can get into them and they are made of non rusting stainless steel.

We certainly in the 70's could produce great razor blade. Its sad that this is no longer so, and we continue to import disposables which basically go into land fill.

So a thank you to James for adding to my shaving experience and blade knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom