Valobra Menthol Soft Shaving Soap

Another on through the mill. I couldn't see a review for the soft soap, so here it is:

Another stalwart of the soft Italian soap family, though not one I could detect the usual almond scent in. The added menthol seemed to dominate, although it didn't offer much in the way of cooling.

I found a film left behind after a couple of the shaves, similar to another soap I used. Not sure if that was a reaction to something or what. It's a very soft soap, more like a room-temperature butter.

Slickness was a bit hit and miss but it seemed to offer enough protection to prevent the majority of nicks. Post shave feel was good too.

I generally got very good shaves with it and I was impressed overall. Although available in 1 Kg blocks, you can also pick it up in a more reasonable 150g size and it could easily be sliced up and pressed into your container of choice.

I never had a problem getting lather from it but it seemed to prefer between bloomed, even for only a short time.

Not one for those who crave a potent scent, but it didn't disappoint when it came to performance and although dearer than the likes of Vitos and Cella, it still offers very good value too.

Full review here.

Back
Top Bottom