Tyson Fury Wins

Tyson Fury defeated Wladimir Klitschko by unanimous decision Saturday to end the Ukrainian's 9 1/2-year reign as heavyweight champion. Congratulations. Man, that dude is a GOrilla at 6'9"!!! :eek:

Whilst watching the fight, it was clear who wanted it more. Tyson Fury went out with fire in his belly whereas Klitschko had butterflies in his. Fury controlled the whole fight and fought it his way, to which Klitchsko had no response. You could clearly see he was unable to use his full arsenal.

Been a good weekend for British sport with Fury becoming World Heavyweight boxing champ and Britain's tennis dudes winning the Davis Cup for the first time since 1936!

Have to say, I didn't think Fury would do it either but then I'm a natural born pessimist. Get in, big fella!

Has Klitschko got a big performance left in him for the rematch? He looked like maybe he hadn't put himself through the mill enough during camp and was expecting an easier ride so losing could have been a much needed kick up the arse.

Boxing is so corrupt especially the heavyweight division I would love to see how much money went on Fury on the day of the fight I wouldn't be surprised if the Russian Mafia cleaned up, and if Klitchko gives him a right tanking in the return match it will really look that way.

I'm with Nick, I'd like to see Fury beat him again and hope he can manage the feat. I can't exactly take to Fury but hey ho, he's British so that'll do for me.

Keeping with the heavyweights, Anthony Joshua was far from convincing against Dillian Whyte the other night but came through well enough in the end. If David Haye can get back to his best with proper speed, power and hunger then I think he could really trouble Fury and Joshua. Saw Chisora fight on that card as well - fought a big fat eastern European journeyman which was hardly a challenge for him but as far as the division is concerned, I reckon he's gotten as far as he can.

I'm with Nick, I'd like to see Fury beat him again and hope he can manage the feat. I can't exactly take to Fury but hey ho, he's British so that'll do for me.

Keeping with the heavyweights, Anthony Joshua was far from convincing against Dillian Whyte the other night but came through well enough in the end. If David Haye can get back to his best with proper speed, power and hunger then I think he could really trouble Fury and Joshua. Saw Chisora fight on that card as well - fought a big fat eastern European journeyman which was hardly a challenge for him but as far as the division is concerned, I reckon he's gotten as far as he can.
I was watching some of David Hayes fights last night, and for a 'wannabe heavyweight' (let's face it, he was a cruiserweight really), he was very good indeed. Fast hands, power in spades. I get that the heavyweight division is where people want to be when they're in touching distance, but play to your strengths. That said, he went 12 rounds with Wlad and didn't look silly, which back then, is an immense achievement.

It'd be good to see him back.

David Hayes, Herbie Hyde, Johnny Nelson, ........ Anthony Joshua ??, all good to very good boxers,

I just hope the weight gap wont be too big again.

On the point of a rematch, Klitchko needs one more win to equal Joe Louis in the rankings, plus a big rematch purse looks like a very nice retirement package.

Back
Top Bottom