Twitter

What was it David Cameron said something like too many Tweets makes a Twat?

Likewise I don't get it I tried it, I've followed some people and posted about 4 tweets but quite frankly it seems pointless.

I don't really get it either. I've tweeted once in the few months I've had it.

I have used the search function a few times, when trying to get glasto tickets and when the Chilean miners were being rescued, for a constantly updating stream containing the odd bit of useful info but using the 'latest' function in google works much better.

WTF is twittering?

It reminds me a little of the Halloween joke my eldest told this evening (and was quite funny):

"What do little birds say on Halloween?

Trick or tweet!"

At my old job one of the senior managers used to give his weekly/monthly/when he could be arsed/ blogs. I used to laugh to myself and delete the "b" from his "blog" and imagined him struggling...

I twitter..to watch vid's if any and gotta love TopGear and my fav. tv shows ;-)..including a few funny comedians
TechCrunch is also a good one about technology

B

Yep I've tried, I really have, but I just don't see the point. Now that Cheesey has stopped tweeting there really isn't much left. It appears to be used by businesses as a kind of mini-blog, but I just can't think of anything interesting to say so I just hang around here instead! :D

antdad said:
I don't get it.

Just another means to justify ones existence?

I've looked at it, and, as you say, I don't see the point, other than as a self-infatuation. But then I'm not a big fan of social media anyway. I much prefer private media, like chats, and totally public media like fora, or the old-fashioned but still very effective mailing lists...

me neither for either business or pleasure just can't get it!

I did use it a little bit last year when following Lance Armstrong on the TdF. That was quite good as you got a different take on it.

But after that had finished just got drivel like been for a ride, or had a great coffee.

Well so had I but I didn't feel the need to tell thousands of people about it!!

I'm still open minded about it but am yet to be convinced. I was a bit like that with facebook but now see the light!!

I never tweet. I do however find twitter useful as a source of information by following
informative people/sources. eg

CNN
BBC
Several local newspapers
LFC information (obviously lol)
A couple of local photographers
etc

It's also useful to search twitter for your hometown, you can usually
find events taking place.

i.e use twitter to your advantage by following people/sources of information
that you are actually interested in and by not following a load of tossers.

It's just another data aggregator in the end.

+1

I've seen some people post their SOTD on there

I'm hoping to use it to keep a record of my exercise as I fail miserably at keeping paper records/diary.

It also comes in handy to look up news, recipes, specific articles when I'm sitting bored in the car waiting for SWMBO to come out of the supermarket, train station etc...

Back
Top Bottom