Tube to tub?

I prefer to load my brush from a tub.

Anyone decant their shaving cream tubes into a pot or tub?

Does it affect the cream?

By coincidence did the very same thing a couple of days ago. Mixed Palmolive and Proraso tubes and a sample of E Shave into a tub and mixed it all up. Main reason was the tubes wouldn't stand upright in between the shelves of the new cabinet. Next job will be to add some menthol crystals into the tub.

You're quite the mad chemist aren't you Stan? I do these kind of things too, but rarely admit it in public. A lot of it is to do with me being as tight as a duck's proverbial mind.

DevonStan said:
By coincidence did the very same thing a couple of days ago. Mixed Palmolive and Proraso tubes and a sample of E Shave into a tub and mixed it all up. Main reason was the tubes wouldn't stand upright in between the shelves of the new cabinet. Next job will be to add some menthol crystals into the tub.

Lets have feedback on you results.

I have just emptied a tube of Old Spice Lime that I have had for a while into a tub.

Let's see what happens to it.

Shame I don't have some Bay Rum EO. I could have added a couple of drops.

Strangely enough have just had a go with the "tub". I found some menthol crystals and warmed them up with a drop of oil (actually a mixture of oil...but that'll not be a surprise) in the microwave and additionally there was spot of Body Shop Shea Butter flavoured Body Butter asking to be added to the tub. Finally I thought a drop of Tea Tree Oil (courtesy of Savers at some ridiculously cheap price) would be nice too.

Result ?.... It was actually rather nice. Used the Progress on #5 plus the Lord blade on it's 4th and last outing and finished off with the usual mix of creams and oils too numerous to list (unless you REALLY wanted to know) and a splash of Florida Water and a quick spray of one of the Milton Lloyd's smellalikes (cheapskate).

The menthol is excellent...very fond of it. Adds a bit of interest doesn't it?

Didn't use the Nox today. After all said and done you don't wanna mix things up too much, do you?

PS. Just remembered...a drop of Boots el-cheapo glycerine too. But no extra essential oils, I hope you noticed! And can't be arsed to get me fingers all messy by adding them now.

I thought that was the case, but thanks or confirming Flip.

I suppose the key thing is to keep it in an airtight container.

Back
Top Bottom