trumpers

my samples of trumpers arrived in the mail today. have to say wonderful customer service by trumpers. really good people there. Know how to make the customer happy.

Truefit and hill,,, well lets just say that when I emailed the Chicago store about buying some samples minus aftershave or cologne, I was politely told to pay for their sample kit with colognes and maybe 3 shave creams, or to "bugger off".

eucris smells like peppermint tea and rotting ferns. odd

rose does smell somewhat like real roses. may be a fun one.
violet is more "rotting plant matter". very similar to eucris. minus mint.

coconut oil smells like sun tan lotion, but is different.
sandalwood is mild in the container, nice, pleasant. but I know it is going to blossom scent wise when it gets warm.
almond is relatively straight forward marzipan
gft and limes is very similar. gft could almost be limes mixed with eucris.

as with all shaving stuff, it was delivered within half an hour of the morning shave.

its strange how nice they were. poor American asking if they only had sample creams I could purchase, few days later get a nice email asking for my address and that they would send me some.

I love Trumpers Skin Food lotion, both the Sandle Wood & Coral, which smells of roses. I rub it in before lathering up & it really lubricates the skin, making more a really smooth shave. Its equally good as an after shave too.

I like the limes skinfood/cream/cologne, just smells so fresh, doesn't last long enough though. Love the shop, tend to drop in if I'm on a weekend holiday in that London. Very old traditional looking, staff helpful and they throw in samples when you buy stuff.

ive only tried the almond cream so far, one shave. used half the little container, some fellas say they use a whole gram of cream for a shave, but half the sample gram gave me two decent passes. Slightly easier to get the water/cream ratio down . smell fades so fast during the shave it could be listed as unscented.

Im curious on the aspect of slickness that others have with trumpers cream.

For me I feel the razor blade, safety bar, and edges of the razor that touch my face. But I don't feel the friction of it. Like dragging a melting ice cube on your face. you feel it, but you don't feel the skin move with it.
But I have no residual slickness after I make a stroke with the razor, so its more similar to a canned shave cream only in that aspect.

When I use Erasmic or cella I get oodles of residual slickness. TOBS, not so much as those two standby soaps provide.

Back
Top Bottom