Truefitt & Hill no.10 Shave Cream

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Truefitt & Hill no.10

No.10 Finest Shaving Cream is enriched with Willow Bark, Borage Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Olive Oil to provide optimum results. It delivers a luxurious lather for a smooth and comfortable shave, while also moisturising and softening the bristles.

It does exactly what it says on the tin to quote a paint tag line.

APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION:
I took a small amount onto my brush and into the bowl. I swirled the brush a few times in each direction to start the lather, and added a few drops of water occasionally to really moisten the lather and allow it to build to its full capabilities. I did find I added a bit more water to this cream than the 1805, purely for experimentation, and found I got a softer lather, and more of it, with no noticeable effect on the quality of said lather. I then applied to my face, in a light circular motion (we all know how to lather). Business as usual here then.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
Well, I came in with high expectations from my experience of 1805. I did have a proviso on my expectation in that the product is around half the price of 1805. Was it half the product? In short no, it performed admirably well, providing a smooth shave, with plenty of lubrication. #10 appears to be a more modern take on what I perceive to be T&F's signature scent. The scent is far more noticeable during lathering and from the pot, but during the shave, it was minimal (perhaps a lower concentration of fragrance oils goes some way to enabling the lower price point of the cream). This leaves me with a very blank canvas with which to follow up in terms of aftershave/cologne. No bad thing at all, desirable almost. A quality experience that I enjoyed throughout.

WOULD YOU BUY IT AGAIN?
I paid around £8.50, and it was worth every penny. I'd happily use this as a daily shave product.

truefitt-_-hilltruefitt_hill5044_grande.jpg

T&H No. 10 is a regular in my rotation. After subliminally convincing myself that the 'old folk's piss' smell is, in actuality, an extremely luxurious and sophisticated scent, I have subsequently been able to immerse myself in its superb performance.

A true superhero of the wet shaving world - at £8.50 it's a bargain, at £4 it's a steal.

Approximately when is the Beauty @ Creightons sale? I will have to keep an eye out for it.
There's usually one two or three times a year. Keep an eye on the Shopping section as someone will usually post there if they see it.

Just checked their site and they have one on now. Not quite 50% off, but T&H No. 10 is £5.59.

Back
Top Bottom