Travel Advice

Hi and best wishes for 2012.

I'm planning (events permitting) a motorbike trip to Iran and then some of the 'stans in the spring/early summer. Can anyone recommend a compact travel brush that can cope with being kept in a wash bag most days in a warm climate without getting ruined? I currently have a G F Trumper brush which is great but it's a bit big for travelling on a bike.

Franks shaving has a new synthetic that has been talked about. I ordered one from China last week. Won't be in till ~15th or so. But the write up have been good, price about 20$us.

Then again a mesh sack off the bikes handle should dry any brush off fast. Iran, best pistachios in the world. Miss them.

No brush (even in a travel tube) will dry out properly inside a wash bag, it will need an hour or two sat out in the fresh air. I use a TOBS one in a travel tube, it's been with me to north Africa and the Middle East on trips (so similar conditions) and I used to just dry it out properly of an evening once I'd reached my lodgings for the night.

I think (one of the makers might correct me) it's fine enough to pack it in the morning after ablutions and not worry too much about it until later that day. In any case, it's still in use (and in good nick) a year later so in the short term at least there's no ill effects. I don't know about long term but for a few weeks it seems to be okay.

I have a L Ocitane travel brush that I have never used.

PM me your address and you can have it.
If you don't like it, PIF (pass it forward) on the forum please:)

Ken T M said:
L'Occitane do a decent travel brush, compact and in its own breathable tube:

http://uk.loccitane.com/FO/travel-shaving-brush.htm

i got one, works really well,

the tube that the brush is in, is also the handle which is nice to save space

and you push one side of the tube and it pushes the brush out, you dont need to pull the knot at all

that line near the top of that pic is the top of the brush, you take it off there and cap off bottem and slide it in (back first) then put cap back on

very simple design.

its softer than my vulpix badger

Have broken in the L'Occitane this week. If you leave it to soak for a bit first (at least 3 minutes), it is an excellent brush for a (I assume) synthetic.

Back
Top Bottom