TraditionalShaving.co.uk problems?

Going back to the original post, I to returned a future as I thought the blade never sat properly or evenly in the head,after reading some forums about the razor it seemed to be quite a common fault, some even with diagrams on how to take them apart and reset the spring, so I thought sod that it's going back, maybe you got the one I sent back?

Hi guys. I don't often post on here but I spotted this thread and thought it would only be fair to reply to some of the comments that have been left.

Firstly to the thread starter, we did let you down on this occasion and I am sorry for the delay you experienced in emailing us and getting your refund. We recently moved our website to a new platform and new hosting providers (including our email service) and we were dealing with a number of problems at the time which we needed to resolve urgently to keep orders going out as quickly as we guarantee. Nevertheless we should have kept you updated about this so I apologise profusely for the service you received.

Dobbo25 said:
I had the same problem as you regarding a refund ,no replies to emails etc,but I did get my money back quite quickly, after a rather strong worded, final email

I find this comment extremely unfair. You received your order from us on 7th August. You then emailed us that day to say you weren't happy and we replied the same day to say you could return it no questions asked. We received the return the next day on the 8th and we immediately refunded you and emailed you to let you know that day. So you had your refund the very next day after you had received it yourself. I don't think anyone could have offered a better service than that! The issue seems to be that you emailed us in the morning 1 hour after we had received the return to our stock room and then you sent your "final" email a couple of hours later. We spend the mornings packing orders so we tend to reply to emails later in the day.

The Geordie Shaver said:
Exactly the same for me too .
Funnily enough with a Merkur Futur aswell , swore blind I would never use them again , got my money eventually , but , it left a very bitter taste in my mouth ,
Derrick

On this occasion we were not in when Royal Mail attempted to deliver the return to us. We emailed you three times to tell you this and to keep you updated on the situation and we quickly refunded your payment once we received the return.

So whilst I accept that we did let down the thread starter I have to say I am very disappointing to see other people who have received good service from us saying very negative things about us without just reason to do so. You can see from this very thread the negative impact this can have on our business as a number of posters have said they will now avoid us due to all these supposed issues.

It's a very strange coincidence that all three of these orders were for futurs - maybe we should stop selling them :blush:!

In future, don't sell futur's. It could work. :)

For what its worth, I've only ever had good service.

Thanks for responding to the thread, its always good to hear both sides of a discussion.

As an aside, its always good to have a real address and phone number easily accessible on your website, it gives people confidence that they can get problems sorted if they occur. It is very frustrating when you can't find a phone number to call a supplier to discuss an issue should one occur.

I bought my Futur here several months ago and have had no problems with subsequent orders. All businesses go through small sticky patches occasionally, but all credit to them for holding their hands up and also for defending themselves from what they see as unjust criticism. I for one will continue to use them when required.

traditionalshaving said:
Hi guys. I don't often post on here but I spotted this thread and thought it would only be fair to reply to some of the comments that have been left.

Dobbo25 said:
I had the same problem as you regarding a refund ,no replies to emails etc,but I did get my money back quite quickly, after a rather strong worded, final email

I find this comment extremely unfair. You received your order from us on 7th August. You then emailed us that day to say you weren't happy and we replied the same day to say you could return it no questions asked. We received the return the next day on the 8th and we immediately refunded you and emailed you to let you know that day. So you had your refund the very next day after you had received it yourself. I don't think anyone could have offered a better service than that! The issue seems to be that you emailed us in the morning 1 hour after we had received the return to our stock room and then you sent your "final" email a couple of hours later. We spend the mornings packing orders so we tend to reply to emails later in the day.

[
Yes you did get the item back on the 8th August after I informed you I wasn't happy and you told me to return it, as for the refund I was not informed when I would be refunded by email and as for the immediate refund I beg to differ on that,
here is my email to you from which I had no reply

Is there any chance of any communication from you regarding my returned order, I am only expecting the price of the razor to be credited and not the postage, I know you received the returned "faulty" item this morning just after 10:00am, could you please tell me when the payment will be credited back to my account
Regards

So in not responding to my email query and no it didn't go in my spam folder, is it not reasonable for me to assume that I was getting ripped of, considering your phone always went to answerphone regardless of what time I called you, Yes the money did appear in my account after 5 days, but we''ll put that down to the banking system shall we

Fair play to the company to replying in the forum, I'm glad that they're still in business and people are happy to use them but I do not see my criticism as unjust ,if I walk in to a shop and I find that the service is wanting, I walk out , I would then tell my friends of my experience in that shop. As you were not contactable by phone and like I said, there was no email informing me when I was to be refunded, what was I too think? I am just relaying to the people on here who have had similar problems contacting you like I did.

I have ALWAYS had excellent service from Traditional shaving co.,...Good on them for taking the time to reply on this forum. A lot of companies wouldn't have bothered...

I for one shall continue to use them...

The Geordie Shaver said:
Exactly the same for me too .
Funnily enough with a Merkur Futur aswell , swore blind I would never use them again , got my money eventually , but , it left a very bitter taste in my mouth ,
Derrick

"On this occasion we were not in when Royal Mail attempted to deliver the return to us. We emailed you three times to tell you this and to keep you updated on the situation and we quickly refunded your payment once we received the return."

Sir/Madam , I respect your right to respond to this post , but , let's say I have a different view of thing's .
And that is all I have to say on the matter , apart from the fact I will never be a customer of The Traditional Shaving Company ever again .
Derrick

I'm sorry to report that I also had a bad experience with the Traditional Shaving Co. The problem was resolved in the end but the whole experience was quite unpleasant and I've never used them again. Why would I bother, when I've had far superior service from the likes of Connaught Shaving and The Shaving Shack.

Back
Top Bottom