TOBS Jermyn Street Sensitive Cream

chrisbell said:
I've just tried a small tube of this - to me the aroma was nicer from the tube than in lathered form (the lather had a hint of PVA glue to my nose). I'd agree with the easy latherability, however it had the same effect for me as the Sandalwood I used before - by the third pass, it seems to leave my skin dry and a touch sticky so that, even though the lather itself has great lubrication, I find the blade doesn't seem to glide as well as with other creams. Possibly TOBS creams just aren't for me.

Update: I've just used the same cream with a different razor and blade, and the shave was superb. As to why the previous shave was so uncomfortable, it may have been due to a knackered blade, but, more likely, I added too much water to the lather. It seems that it's best-off with only a tiny amount more water after it "explodes".

That's an interesting point Chris, I love TOBS creams especially Jermyn and Eton College, however I always find it leaves my face dry afterwards. In comparison the one DR Harris cream feels very moist as does nannys silly soap.

mattyb240 said:
That's an interesting point Chris, I love TOBS creams especially Jermyn and Eton College, however I always find it leaves my face dry afterwards. In comparison the one DR Harris cream feels very moist as does nannys silly soap.

I used to have that problem with their Sandalwood cream - loved the aroma, but the post-shave side of things wasn't very impressive.

Back
Top Bottom