tobs jermyn street problem

S

smoose89

hi just a quick question to jermyn street users does the smell stay strong in the tub for you till its depleted or does it go feint after a few weeks? iv onyl had the cream 2-3 weeks max the scent has pretty much disapeared and when you lather it it has 0 smell, i bought it instore john lewis didnt keep the recipt as you dont think of returining it being needed

iv kept the lid on tight throughout, iv stirred the cream up in the tub seems to of got abit of the smell back

My Jermyn Street has been in the bathroom cabinet for about a year and is about half full. I used it today for the first time in a few weeks and it still smells as good as ever. It is quite subtle though, unlike the aftershave which is still lingering 12 hours later.

I had a tub of Jermyn Street a few years back. I enjoyed its subtle scent, but I did not notice its scent fading after a few months use.

On the other hand, I have a stick of Tabac soap, fully opened on a shelf in the bathroom since July. I just can't use it to shave in the morning, the scent is just too powerful, but performance wise, it is a great tallow based soap. I've left it out hoping the scent would eventually fad. It's still too fragrant to use for shaving, but I must admit I'm starting to appreciate its lingering scent in the bathroom.

Spag said:
I had a tub of Jermyn Street a few years back. I enjoyed its subtle scent, but I did not notice its scent fading after a few months use.

On the other hand, I have a stick of Tabac soap, fully opened on a shelf in the bathroom since July. I just can't use it to shave in the morning, the scent is just too powerful, but performance wise, it is a great tallow based soap. I've left it out hoping the scent would eventually fad. It's still too fragrant to use for shaving, but I must admit I'm starting to appreciate its lingering scent in the bathroom.

I've previously read about people leaving their puck, open, in their sock draw or a cupboard to keep the whole room perfumed.

I don't mind the soap's scent, but the cologne and after shave are just too much for me.

i must have a dudd one then i think, wonder if i could contact john lewis just dont have my recipt

I think somebody above hit the nail on the head here ... when you use something on a regular basis you just become accustomed to the smell.

It's like walking in to other peoples houses and they always have their own particular smell but when you return home you never smell your own because your used to it (if that makes sense?!)

I have a tub of jermyn street cream and i used it again the other day after a few months not using it and i dont know why but i cannot get a good lather from it. I have tried more water, more cream, less water less cream etc i just cant get it to where i want it with regards to slickness/density.

The cream seems either too frothy and airy on my face or to thick and dry. It just seems odd. I am beginning to think that it is a different formula to the regular TOBS creams due to the ''For sensitive skin'' statement on the tin.

I also find the aftershave lotion very greasy. I am really going off this scent and line of products at the moment :(

Back
Top Bottom