Tobs - Easy to forget how good this is…

I always though TOBS the best of the London creams. It was all I used for around 10 years. COVID and boredom changed that. The only thing I noticed, which is the same for all creams, is the shelf life isn't as long as soaps. They start to dry out after a while. Still usable.

As my quest to rid myself of supplies (aka restraint) continues I’m working through a Tobs tester pack.

Shave with Lavender this morning was phenomenal, easy to forget how good this stuff is compared to more modern offerings
Do agree about the quality of TOBS. My only disappointment with them is that some of them - including the lavender - don’t have a very strong scent. A nice scent for sure, but just not very strong.

Do agree about the quality of TOBS. My only disappointment with them is that some of them - including the lavender - don’t have a very strong scent. A nice scent for sure, but just not very strong.
Agreed, their scents just aren't strong enough. That said, I love TOBS creams and super-lather them with Mitchell's Wool Fat as the base soap.

Tobs is the only stuff I’ve ever finished whole tubs of. I’ve used 2 full sandalwood tubs. Haven’t bought any recently as I’m trying to use up what I have. Still got a full MDC original and a Loccitaine Cade ufo dish to get through. Lol.

Agreed, their scents just aren't strong enough. That said, I love TOBS creams and super-lather them with Mitchell's Wool Fat as the base soap.
Love the creams myself. Did buy one of their hard soaps - the sandalwood in the wooden bowl - and although the scent is lovely - nicer imho than the sandalwood cream - it was much harder work getting a decent lather out of it. Also found their shaving stick rather disappointing, very heavy on glycerin and seems to ‘sweat’ when packed away for travelling, which (for me) made it a bit of a pointless purchase, as that’s what I bought it for.

Back
Top Bottom