Three New AS's Review

A small bottle (150ml) of the new Floïd Genuine (purported to be a copy of the 1930's original), a huge 400ml bottle of Vitos After Shaving splash. Theoretically, the one to get is the one that says "After Shaving". Finally, the Spanish Epsilon Scottish Spirit AS.

First, let me state that the Epsilon Scottish Spirit is for all intents & purposes merely a clone of Pinaud Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods. Of course I am assuming the latter was first. They are damn near impossible to differentiate. Regardless, it is a fantastic scent. (y)

The new Floïd Genuine to my nose smells just the plain Jane Floïd. Old timey, powdery and not bold. A true (and dated) barbershop style that will alienate all women within 50 yds. and attract geriatric males pestering you to play checkers or gin rummy. :sneaky:

Now onto the pièce de résistance: Vitos After Shaving splash. This one:

This one is good enough to bridge the gap between young & old easily. I am having trouble describing it, but I think almost every man jack here would like it. It's resinous/powdery, but not overpowering nor cloying and an underlying sweetness that just nestles up to you. They say there is citrus, but if so it's buried deep or it's some different approach. Regardless, it gets there and I like it better than Floïd Genuine. That's not to say the latter is bad. Far from it. I just like where the Vitos takes me more. (y)

Since scents are so damned subjective take all this with a grain of salt. However, know that as an American I am only trying to bring culture to you knuckle draggin' simians here on the forum. ;)

However, know that as an American I am only trying to bring culture to you knuckle draggin' simians here on the forum.
We only lent it to ya, I think 400 years is about time to let us have it back
attract geriatric males pestering you to play checkers or gin rummy. :sneaky:
Oh no, I had better avoid that "Domino juice", it's bad enough that I ride a Triumph! It's not even one of those old style ones it's a modern standard, but still just the badge on the tank is an old geezer magnet! (as I am beginning to attain old geezer status, or at least my joints are, my next bike might be a Bonnie, and then I'll be batting them off with a stinky stick (old guys, not hot chicks any more unfortunately!))

That Vitos sounds very pleasant. The Mrs just gave me 'that look'. After having been on at me for years to "stop being such an unreconstructed icon of blokiness and just put some moisturiser on", she now fears I've taken it too far as it seems I have "more smellies than her in the cabinet" - can't win! Which sounds like a reason to maybe sneak another one in.

Last edited:
...it's bad enough that I ride a Triumph!...

STOAm5r.jpg

A small bottle (150ml) of the new Floïd Genuine (purported to be a copy of the 1930's original), a huge 400ml bottle of Vitos After Shaving splash. Theoretically, the one to get is the one that says "After Shaving". Finally, the Spanish Epsilon Scottish Spirit AS.

Thanks for the review!
I'm a fan of Whiskey Woods as well so I'm glad that a little bottle of Epsilon SS is stashed somewhere...

Have you tried Myrsol Antesol? If so, how would you compare is scent-wise to Vitos Citric?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom